Octavia 245 Owners Club

On 17/04/2018 at 18:55, mumphie said:

My DSG is fine without DCC!

No DCC and it's been fine around Manchester's horrible roads over the past few days. 

Much more comfortable than any "sporty" spec car I've had before. 

• Like 1

I think someone from the local council saw my complaint about the state of the local roads because they have just started filling the potholes in with real Tarmac. One a different subject here's a challenge can anyone beat my commute today (I know it's Sunday) just managed personal best of 49.4MPG. That may stand for a while!

image.jpg

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Mada said:

What does AMD 302 mean?

I put it on there for Tim1631 because he thinks I keep repeating it too often! But really reminds me I have 302bhp @5500rpm if I want to have some fun from the Automotive Developments stage 1 re-map carried out on 12/03/2018. Covered 1500 miles since and car has used no oil at all, totally reliable and today did 49.4MPG going to work when standard VRS245 combined figure (mine is a manual) from Skoda is 42.8MPG. Sorry about the double uploading ****-up.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Did my first long journey in the car this weekend, car rides well on the roads and was very comfortable, its stiff but I didn't feel tired at all.

I managed to tackle some good corners too as it was nice and dry, the car grips very well and the diff helps out when needed... great fun!

Car did 45mpg over 200 miles on the way back, 67mph on the cruise control usually mixed with the massive amounts of 50mph roadworks on m5>m6.

Tried the lane assist out, it did correct me once or twice as I must have drifted a little close to a white line.  A good feature, I didn't think I'd like it but I was impressed.

The dealer/factory had put bloody 40PSI in to all 4 tyres so I'm glad I brought them down to a reasonable amount before the run.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Robbijay said:

That is pretty close to the recommended ECO pressure on the car. Should've lowered the pressures when you got back!

It wasn't helping the ride quality at all though haha

15 hours ago, themanwithnoaim said:

Oh this happened today

Hit the 7000 mile mark, nice.  Is the adaptive headlight thing (the icon on your display) an option?

9 hours ago, buaan said:

Hit the 7000 mile mark, nice.  Is the adaptive headlight thing (the icon on your display) an option?

VCDS is required to setup the High Beam Assist or Skoda will charge you 250 quid for it as an option

Edited by themanwithnoaim
  • Like 1

Its related to the Engine availability... and the Factory re-tooling for the GPF engines coming in soon as far as I'm aware it affects all petrol engines of all models (except maybe the Citigo?)

• Like 1

14 hours ago, hwr1983 said:

Wasn't the 245 a "limited run" model anyway - with the 230 being the standard?

Not really....they are still making the 245 at the factory and according to the Geneva show press releases there will be a MY19 245. 

16 hours ago, silver1011 said:

Really, is this a UK thing or have Simpsons Skoda simply hit their annual quota already?

Capture.thumb.JPG.004af618f08e2cdd0e1399b74154c854.JPG

UK thing...and you haven't been able to order a 245 since last year. A few MY18 UK orders are still to be delivered. Some have taken six months.

• Like 1