Flat tire warning

laserburn

I have my Citigo for two years now and it has happened few times that it would light a yellow tire pressure warning indicator on the display board. I would then check the tires, finding no visible issues and reset the warning by holding the button for that. Couple of days back I saw the warning and reset it, as tires looked ok, but the next day warning flashed again. So I inflated the tires to the prescribed pressure and I reset the indicator, taking care that I do it on flat level ground when the tires were cold. For few days everything was ok, but today driving to work, again ping! and the yellow warning is on.

Do you know what could be the cause of this? It's very unsettling since the car just came back from a minor regular service and I'm supposed to take it on a long trip in about a month.

If the tyres are at the same pressure when checked cold as when you set them and the TPMS, try the pressures when you get the warning and the tyres are hot, 

one tyre might be overheating, bearing or binding brakes making that rim hotter and the tyres circumference change.

If the tyres and all are well maybe a sensor faulty on the ABS / ESP system or a software fault.

Check that our set button isn't sticking down. I had that problem once and had similar issues. 

Button is a bit too close to cup holder if you know what I mean. :)

Edited by Emil

It sounds unlikely that the tire would overheat in this spring weather, after just few kilometers of slow driving. I just hope it's not faulty ABS sensor, although I have still 2 more years of warranty, I'm very short on time and I don't have high opinion of local mechanics. During service I saw one poring tap water in my coolant. :wondering:

I will check the set button. Emil, how did you manage to resolve that problem?

1 hour ago, Jonny118118 said:

Slow puncture? 

Yes. Mystery solved upon closer inspection today. How well can problems like this be resolved? It's still a pretty new tire, I'd hate losing it so soon or not being able to trust it later.

20180418_192701.jpg

7 minutes ago, Emil said:

I'm pretty sure they can help you at a tyre shop.

Oh I know they can help me. I just never had a puncture like this, so I don't know how reliable is the fix over time in the hot Mediterranean climate.

6 minutes ago, laserburn said:

Oh I know they can help me. I just never had a puncture like this, so I don't know how reliable is the fix over time in the hot Mediterranean climate.

Puncture repairs can be done within the centre (75%) of the tyre. I think yours is within this boundary. 

Might be different in Greece however

Edited by Jonny118118