Skoda connect ap

Vectis

I am having problems with the Skoda connect ap, Skoda connect is working fine with a sim card in the columbus but there seems to be a severe lack of functionality in the ap, the only info I have is in the attached screenshots, any ideas? This is using a Samsung Galaxy edge S7

Screenshot_20180418-214512.png

Screenshot_20180418-211734.png

Edited by Vectis
added info

It looks like you don't have the full remote service.  I took my sim card out the other day as the Connect option in the Columbus is giving me an error and I wanted to try via a phone connection.  Haven't tried yet but also haven't put the sim back in.  The Connect app on my Galaxy S8 still works fine and is telling me my car is parked outside as of 2 hours ago. So you definitely don't need a sim in the car for the remote service to work. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Vectis said:

I am having problems with the Skoda connect ap, Skoda connect is working fine with a sim card in the columbus but there seems to be a severe lack of functionality in the ap, the only info I have is in the attached screenshots, any ideas? This is using a Samsung Galaxy edge S7

Screenshot_20180418-214512.png

Screenshot_20180418-211734.png

welcome to my world (vadimo world)! Have you paid for Skoda connect 3 years £300 something option? 

8 hours ago, Englando said:

It looks like you don't have the full remote service.  I took my sim card out the other day as the Connect option in the Columbus is giving me an error and I wanted to try via a phone connection.  Haven't tried yet but also haven't put the sim back in.  The Connect app on my Galaxy S8 still works fine and is telling me my car is parked outside as of 2 hours ago. So you definitely don't need a sim in the car for the remote service to work. 

I put a 3 12gb prepaid SIM in the Columbus and that is working fine with the connect it's just the ap.

13 minutes ago, Karman said:

Vectis was it working previously?

No, I've deleted my car and reinstalled it on the portal online and removed and reinstalled the ap on my phone, I installed the ap on another phone last night but that was the same.

I'm finding the apps pretty frustrating to be honest, connect does very little from what I can see, and the 'One App' is not recording any data just tells me to connect the phone to the car which i did this morning for over an hour but still no data recorded !! :@

I'm currently in conversation with Tapiwa at Skoda Care as I'm reporting the issue, he's investigating and will report back to me.

Details to follow as the appear.................so bookmark this thread.

23 minutes ago, Macdemon said:

I'm currently in conversation with Tapiwa at Skoda Care as I'm reporting the issue, he's investigating and will report back to me.

Details to follow as the appear.................so bookmark this thread.

I have contacted them as well and awaiting a reply, will update when I hear anything. 

I have just received this reply.

Thank you for your recent email regarding the issues which you have experienced with your ŠKODA KAROQ.

I was naturally concerned to learn of the issues outlined in your recent contact and I can understand your disappointment with this experience.

In order for us to be able to investigate the causes of this issue and to further analyse your concerns; we would require that an Approved ŠKODA Retailer carries out an inspection of the vehicle. This is to ensure that all of the issues are diagnosed correctly and that the appropriate advice is offered to address your concerns.  

As we are unable to inspect the vehicle directly, we are dependent on the results of diagnosis from our approved Retailers. It will also allow us to liaise directly with the Retailer, and if necessary offer any further support required.

Contact details for all ŠKODA Retailers can be found via the link below:

http://www.skoda.co.uk/find-a-retailer/find-your-nearest-skoda-retailer/

I am sorry for any inconvenience this may cause and hope that your enquiry is resolved in an efficient and timely manner by your local ŠKODA Retailer.

Once this diagnosis has been undertaken, I will be happy to support you further.

I hope this information proves useful. If I can be of any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me on the details below.

Thank you for contacting ŠKODA UK.

Kind regards

Mark Tolson
Customer Relations Advisor

I expect MY contact to say the same thing.....may have to revisit the dealer.

However, I contacted them about the app and the lack of 'options' like lock and unlock the vehicle and the honk and flash as well as other facilities offered as shown in their own screenprints.

4 minutes ago, Macdemon said:

I expect MY contact to say the same thing.....may have to revisit the dealer.

However, I contacted them about the app and the lack of 'options' like lock and unlock the vehicle and the honk and flash as well as other facilities offered as shown in their own screenprints.

I have put my private plate on the car and have registered that with Skoda Connect and I'm wondering if their system hasn't updated the vehicle details yet.

Idiot from Skoda Care didn't bother calling back so I have called them again.

Apparently, myself and Vadimo only have 'Trip Planner' and 'Settings' as options as we didn't pay for Skoda Connect, which would have given us the other options in the app.

THB paying in the region of £300 each year to honk and flash when showing people the car and the option to remotely lock or unlock the car I can easily do without.

I have managed to get this far without it, so plan to carry on managing without it.

Now I have £25 a month for extra fuel.  :D 

Did you opt for the Skoda Connect which is the £300 a year jobby?

If not then a lot of the functionality will not be available to you.

On 24/04/2018 at 13:59, Macdemon said:

Did you opt for the Skoda Connect which is the £300 a year jobby?

If not then a lot of the functionality will not be available to you.

Hi Macdemon,

the OneApp doesn't mention anything about Skoda connect it does say

"OneApp is compatible with all ŠKODAs fitted with a SmartLink interface – depending on the model; this is a standard or optional component of the Swing, Bolero, Amundsen or Columbus infotainment system.

OneApp and the SmartLink interface are fully compatible in ŠKODAs made after calendar week 22/2016"

It also states

"You need a ŠKODA with SmartLink. Download and install the app in your smartphone. Connect your smartphone to your ŠKODA with a USB cable. If you have an Amundsen or Columbus WLAN-enabled (Wi-Fi) infotainment system, you can connect wirelessly."

Will give it another go at some point, has anyone else downloaded it ?

It works for me, but just doesn't do what I was hoping it would do............

Honk & flash

Remote lock and unlock

Vehicle health status

MPG and handy fuel gauge.

So without the £400 a year Skoda Connect option, there is very little useful info that can be utilised.

20 hours ago, Macdemon said:

It works for me, but just doesn't do what I was hoping it would do............

Honk & flash

Remote lock and unlock

Vehicle health status

MPG and handy fuel gauge.

So without the £400 a year Skoda Connect option, there is very little useful info that can be utilised.

The connect services you mentioned use a built-in sim card from the factory so unless you specced Care Connect at ordering then I don't believe you are able to get these services.