Help with a fuse - 2013 Citigo

mikehibbert

Hi

Hopefully a quick question, the citigo started to overheat in the last couple of days. I noticed the fan wasn't coming on, so I checked the fuse, but it's missing! So, putting that to one side (I've no idea if it's ever been there!) I have no idea what rating it is. The manual lists it, but only as the fuse, it doesn't have a rating. 

Could someone have a look please? It's S2, under the bonnet, to the right of the battery, second one up from the front of the car. What's the amp rating please?

12 hours ago, mikehibbert said:

Hi

Hopefully a quick question, the citigo started to overheat in the last couple of days. I noticed the fan wasn't coming on, so I checked the fuse, but it's missing! So, putting that to one side (I've no idea if it's ever been there!) I have no idea what rating it is. The manual lists it, but only as the fuse, it doesn't have a rating. 

Could someone have a look please? It's S2, under the bonnet, to the right of the battery, second one up from the front of the car. What's the amp rating please?

Has your car got AC? 

There are two parts to the fuseholder you're looking at, section A is the strip fuses. Then there's another part with some blade fuses under a cover, designated fuseholder B. I'm not completely sure which fuse 2 you have missing.

(Strip) Fuse 6 (40A)  will be the high speed fan operation

(Blade) Fuse 2 (30A) in section B will be for low speed operation

There's also a 5A or 7.5A fuse (depending on build date) in position 3 of the blade fuses section, that will be worth checking, as it is a feed to the fan control module.

4 hours ago, Hyphons said:

Has your car got AC? 

Yes it has.

3 hours ago, Wino said:

There are two parts to the fuseholder you're looking at, section A is the strip fuses. Then there's another part with some blade fuses under a cover, designated fuseholder B. I'm not completely sure which fuse 2 you have missing.

(Strip) Fuse 6 (40A)  will be the high speed fan operation

(Blade) Fuse 2 (30A) in section B will be for low speed operation

There's also a 5A or 7.5A fuse (depending on build date) in position 3 of the blade fuses section, that will be worth checking, as it is a feed to the fan control module.

It's the blade, I've looked on the VW UP manual online, (it's more detailled) and it suggests that a 30A fuse is needed. I put one in and it appears to work ok. I've NO idea why it was missing, really odd!

Thanks for the replies...

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, mikehibbert said:

Yes it has.

It's the blade, I've looked on the VW UP manual online, (it's more detailled) and it suggests that a 30A fuse is needed. I put one in and it appears to work ok. I've NO idea why it was missing, really odd!

Thanks for the replies...

That's good, I'll have a looksie later just to confirm for piece of mind

• Like 1

Makes me think the OP's car shouldn't have one there either (unless manufactured before Nov 2012?).  Looking at the circuits again, it looks like before November 2012 it was used, but not after (on A/C-equipped cars anyway).

The 'Radiator fan with air conditioning' circuits contradict the fuse listings at the end, just to confuse us. :)

Edited by Wino