Kodiaq recall - blocked handover

My new car was due to be handed over today.

Cancelled.  (Arrrrrgh).

Kodak 190 DSG, edition, 5 seat in Petrol Blue.

Informed that wireless charging & signal amp have a major issue, all cars with it are to be recalled and 100% block on any cars being handed over with them fitted.

Thought it was all going too well.

• Thanks 1

Dealer called today ... they have now been issued a workaround.

the issue is the not the Wireless Charging .... it is the signal booster unit.

Skoda have advised .. remove signal booster - store them, cars can be handed over ... pending future permanent resolution.

2 hours ago, Sargan said:

My new car was due to be handed over today.

Cancelled.  (Arrrrrgh).

No, just posponed. 

Remedy sorted so you will get it anyway now.

Well to me the handover today WAS cancelled .... I.e. it did not happen today.

I’m OK to accept removal of the signal booster as temporary workaround .... and hope it is possible to resolve.

Would not be happy if they expect permanent removal of the booster.

Seems it is VAG group wide.

Be interesting what they will want me to sign regarding this.

I should have had mine today but instead has been scheduled for tomorrow late morning.

Yours will not have been cancelled, why not call your dealer and reschedule for Monday perhaps?

There is no reason why this cannot happen.

This is merely a licensing issue - nothing more. The roaming signal booster (an integral part of the overall system) requires to be licensed for use in the UK. As I understand it, such devices are not so licensed - yet !!! Thus Skoda are playing safe, not wanting to be involved in releasing cars for use with 'illegal'/'unlicensed' signal boosters. If indeed it was a safety issue do you not think Skoda would have issued a recall - as much as that might have pained them ???

If a Safety Issue the DVSA should be issuing a Recall and giving Skoda / VW all the Registered Keepers Contact details, 

http://gov.uk/check-vehicle-recall 

as it is Skoda seem to have issues a 'recall action' to dealers, a TPI, and we will see about an actual 'Recall'.

http://master.skoda-auto.com/mini-apps/recall-actions 

Where were the DVSA when Vauxhall were having no concerns or worries and not doing Recalls, or Recall Actions, were they just sitting thinking about things.

If just a licencing issue then no safety related issues then just VW Group possibly facing penalties financially.

Edited by Offski

On 20/04/2018 at 21:22, Macdemon said:

I should have had mine today but instead has been scheduled for tomorrow late morning.

Yours will not have been cancelled, why not call your dealer and reschedule for Monday perhaps?

There is no reason why this cannot happen.

Dealer has not yet carried out any ‘removals’ and do not yet know if /when they can release cars.

Have spoken to dealer twice - they currently unable to advise date for handover.

Next update Monday afternoon.

Major issue for me if I can’t get car next week as need it for towing next Sat.

41 minutes ago, colmar51 said:

This is merely a licensing issue - nothing more. The roaming signal booster (an integral part of the overall system) requires to be licensed for use in the UK. As I understand it, such devices are not so licensed - yet !!! Thus Skoda are playing safe, not wanting to be involved in releasing cars for use with 'illegal'/'unlicensed' signal boosters. If indeed it was a safety issue do you not think Skoda would have issued a recall - as much as that might have pained them ???

Do you have any official statement on this ?  ... my dealer had no knowledge of why they were on hold, notice did not explain.

Nor did it tell them if this was permanent or pending reinstatement.

13 minutes ago, Sargan said:

Dealer has not yet carried out any ‘removals’ and do not yet know if /when they can release cars.

Have spoken to dealer twice - they currently unable to advise date for handover.

Next update Monday afternoon.

Major issue for me if I can’t get car next week as need it for towing next Sat.

If it is delayed for this reason, perhaps the dealer or ŠKODA UK has one you could use, or could get you a mobex that has. 

1 hour ago, colmar51 said:

This does seem to be the case but Skoda don't seem to have released anything official on it which is fuelling the rumour mill and fuelling discontentment.

There also seem to be some dealers disconnecting the offending part and releasing the cars, whereas other dealers say they are awaiting updates and all deliveries are blocked until they get further information.

1 hour ago, Mark1982 said:

This does seem to be the case but Skoda don't seem to have released anything official on it which is fuelling the rumour mill and fuelling discontentment.

Exactly.

I am quite shocked about the level of care from Skoda UK and dealer, especially as they only have my deposit. 

Last communication was with dealer late afternoon Friday. That morning I was given just over an hours notice I could not collect the car, I was already on my way. I know **** happens but Skoda please communicate with your customers, because radio silence is making a difficult situation much worse for me.

I think transparency and honesty while not making everything OK may make you feel valued.The total lack of information I am getting worries me. No communication from dealer over weekend, fair enough obviously whole team not in. It will be interesting to see if anyone makes the effort to make contact with me on Monday.

If Skoda are not giving any information to the Dealer network that is appalling and puts the dealers in a very difficult position, 

Edited by Parked
typo

The Farceometer from skoda has reached new heights with the Kodiaq,

All the manufacturers seem to be getting away with trampling all over thier customers and as long as they keep comming back then they will continue to do this, what with BMW mini issues that they refused to acknowledge, zafira catching fire also head in the sand, along with VW and the diesel cheats which now seem to be across all manufacturers who deny it vehemently despite evidense  and the government wont do anything about bringing them under control.

I hope all those who are having issues get their cars exactly as they want

3 hours ago, exFiesta said:

If it is delayed for this reason, perhaps the dealer or ŠKODA UK has one you could use, or could get you a mobex that has. 

Don't understand that term .... what is a 'mobex'  ?

Sorry - it’s a VW group scheme to provide loan cars. I had one recently during a bit of warranty work, but they are used at other times like delayed deliveries, as I understand it.

There is a detailed thread on this in Karoq section, the wireless charger is ok, the mobile signal booster is illegal (Ofcom recently changed exemption rules, so not compliant)

The temporary fix is to disable the signal booster, as cant sell a car known to be illegal to use

Longer term either a compliant booster will be needed, or will have to be dropped from the spec

53 minutes ago, SurreyJohn said:

There is a detailed thread on this in Karoq section, the wireless charger is ok, the mobile signal booster is illegal (Ofcom recently changed exemption rules, so not compliant)

The temporary fix is to disable the signal booster, as cant sell a car known to be illegal to use

Longer term either a compliant booster will be needed, or will have to be dropped from the spec

So basically, if you enjoy / benefit from the using the signal booster..........................don't take it in. I'm not sure what will happen when it goes in for service though. Are the dealers bound by law to do the mod or can you insist that they don't?

Still not got my car - but just been called.

Both Signal Booster & Wireless charging have been removed, unable to confirm why - other than the recall notice insists on removal for all new cars.

I did ask will these 2 items of functionality be replaced at some point in future - and the answer was yes.

Be interesting what paperwork says on this.

11 minutes ago, Sargan said:

Both Signal Booster & Wireless charging have been removed, unable to confirm why - other than the recall notice insists on removal for all new cars

My guess would be because it's not physically possible to remove one and not the other - or, at least, it's difficult to do and the easiest thing is just to strip the whole 'phone box' out.

See also:

https://www.ofcom.org.uk/__data/assets/pdf_file/0018/112293/Statement-Implementing-Ofcoms-decision-on-mobile-repeaters.pdf

Edited by WiggosSideburns
Added Ofcom link