Protect the KESSY keys

fabiagn

With all the car theft in the news about thieves using electronics to "grab" the keyless frequency and retransmit to a device near the car, and then steal it; I researched and bought the usual faraday pouch. either that or keep them in the microwave!

I bought the Amazon part# B076KZF645 which are 2 pouches for £8.99

tested yesterday and they work perfect, when the keys are in the pouch i can walk right up to the car and nothing, the doors wont open, i can put the pouch right against the window or car and still nothing. so the pouch is used at home.

just in case anyone wondered which ones work, these do.

Cheers

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I use tin foil.   :D

And our car is kept in the garage with gates locked with a steel bar and waterproof padlock, It's also covered by our CCTV system for added safety.

Keys are kept about 30 meters from the car so their little signal grabbing devices won't work. ;)

Edited by Macdemon

27 minutes ago, Macdemon said:

And our car is kept in the garage with gates locked with a steel bar and waterproof padlock, It's also covered by our CCTV system for added safety.

Keys are kept about 30 meters from the car so their little signal grabbing devices won't work. ;)

It's amazing what measures some insurance companies ask for. Ever thought of shopping around?

Colin

• Haha 1

you shouldn't have to, the great thing about Skoda and also brown (in my case), this is part of the joy having it, no one really wants it and probably would have to pay someone to steal it:giggle:

•  

2 hours ago, TheRoq said:

Why are all these pouches so big?

I want a small pocket sized one.

Maybe I’ll cut one down.

You can get some on Amazon that are credit card sized - I bought a Cranked UK one, which seems to be no longer available (shame, as it works perfectly).

This one looks to be a similar size, and has good reviews - https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07B2Q1PHC/ref=sspa_dk_detail_3?psc=1&pd_rd_i=B07B2Q1PHC&pf_rd_m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&pf_rd_p=2645519350813798661&pf_rd_r=NSPQ3HVBTEPWNFG1SY96&pd_rd_wg=agxb2&pf_rd_s=desktop-dp-sims&pf_rd_t=40701&pd_rd_w=INU3h&pf_rd_i=desktop-dp-sims&pd_rd_r=c4f8c890-47f8-11e8-9c73-57866fb1e323

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Macdemon said:

I have, my garage is quite secure.

:o

You put your car....

In a....

Garage? What is this new word....

I don't know ANYONE that puts a car in a garage....

Well done!!

Why, thank you dear Sir.

Yes the karoq is securely locked in a garage, which is surrounded by a piranha infested moat, archers poised with flaming arrows, ninja snipers hiding in the trees, and hungry leopards pacing around inside.   :D

I bought a pair of pouches off amazon which work superbly, the door will not unlock even with the pouch touching the car.

However there is an easier way round this when parked on your drive overnight - disable KESSY!

Lock the car with the key fob and then within 5 second touch the lock sensor on the door - this disables KESSY - the car will now only unlock via the button on the keyfob.

However you have to do this everytime you lock the car, it isn't a setting the car remembers.

Andy

Edited by boff180

On 24/04/2018 at 14:03, Macdemon said:

Paranoid?