Mrs G's new CitiGo.........

Auric Goldfinger

Looks great! My wife picks up her new Citigo in Crystal Blue next month.

Any chance of a picture of the instrument panel please? It may answer the binnacle debacle on another thread.

And when when did the order go in please?

Edited by RickW

24 minutes ago, RickW said:

Looks great! My wife picks up her new Citigo in Crystal Blue next month.

Any chance of a picture of the instrument panel please? It may answer the binnacle debacle on another thread.

And when when did the order go in please?

Des Winks had the car in there Stock, it's only a runner around so no fancy gadgets. ( came with a spare wheel )

The SkodaMore & Fun App works very well ( iPhone 8+ )

Edited by Auric Goldfinger
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for the interior pictures. 

There's been some concern if the latest Citigo's still get three dials on the instrument cluster,but this proves there's nothing to be worried about.

29 minutes ago, RickW said:

Thanks for the interior pictures. 

There's been some concern if the latest Citigo's still get three dials on the instrument cluster,but this proves there's nothing to be worried about.

Poverty Spec only gets the Speedo. The Move and Fun app works really well and gives more Info plus Sat Nav. It's an absolute hoot to drive only 60 bhp but goes and handles like a Go Kart

Edited by Auric Goldfinger
  • Thanks 1

Fantastic colour there for Mrs Goldfinger, I had the colour edition as a loan car while the Fabia was in for some repairs to the bodywork.

Never realised Des Winks did Skoda’s now, do they still do VW?

Davy

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Skodaboy1983 said:

Fantastic colour there for Mrs Goldfinger, I had the colour edition as a loan car while the Fabia was in for some repairs to the bodywork.

Never realised Des Winks did Skoda’s now, do they still do VW?

Davy

Yep, they still do VW on the same site.  Excellent service from Des Winks. 100% 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Jonny118118 said:

One thing I couldn’t work out... how do you actually get into Skoda? 

Well, The Story goes, in 1999 Mrs G and myself didn't own a car, we looked around for weeks looking at different makes etc etc and Mrs G suggested a Skoda, let go look she said.

" NOT IN A  MILLION YEARS AM I HAVING A SKODA " was the reply. Well wind forward a month and here we are in a Skoda Showroom.  Within 30 minutes we had bought a Skoda Felicia 1.3 Pacific, Special Edition and never looked back. Mrs G new CitiGo is our 27th Skoda. We have had every model, in almost every trim level but we have never had a Superb or a Yeti ( we arn't that old )

We just Love them 

Unfortunately there are still lots of Skoda jokes going round and for many the stigma still makes people avoid them.

Q: What is the difference between a Skoda and a porcupine? A: Porcupines have pricks on the outside. Q: What's the difference between a Skoda and the principal's office? A: It's less embarrassing if your friends see you leaving the principal's office. Q: What goes on pages 4-5 of the Skoda's user's manual? A: The train & bus schedule. Q: What do you call a Skoda at the top of a Hill? A: A Miracle. Q: What do you call two Skodas at the top of a hill? A: A mirage. Q: What do you call a Skoda with dual exhausts? A: A wheelbarrow Q: What is the Skoda owner's most ardent wish? A: To buy a real car. Q: What do you call a Skoda with a seat belt? A: A rucksack. Q: How do you double the value of a Skoda Yeti? A: Fill the tank with petrol. Q: What did the Ford say to the Skoda? A: Would you like a tow home? Q: What do you call a Skoda with 200,000 miles on it? A: A lie. Q: Why is this country so far in debt? A: Because the president drives a Skoda. Q: Why do they fit heated tail gates to luxury Skoda autos? A: To keep your hands warm when you pushed them. Q: Why do the new Skoda Kodiaqs have larger bumpers? A: To make it easier on the tow trucks. Q: Why did the cat sleep under the Skoda? A: Because he wanted to wake up oily. Q: Why are Skoda dealers giving away a dog with each Skoda sold? A: So the owner has a companion to walk home with. Q: Why did the chicken cross the road? A: To push he's Skoda Octavia back into the dealer's show room. Q: Do you know why Skoda is making new heated bumpers? A: So when your pushing it home in the winter your hands stay warm. Q: Why didn't the chicken cross the road? A: Because his Skoda Fabia got stuck. Q: Why are the latest Skodas so aerodynamically designed? A: It improves the Chevy tow truck's fuel consumption. Q: What is the aim of a Skoda concept car? A: An attempt to keep their car running. Q: What is the difference between a Skoda and a tampon? A: A tampon comes with it's own tow rope. Q: How can they improve a Skoda Citigo? A: Put a Toyota engine in it. Q: What did the Toyota say to the Skoda on the side of the road? A: Rust-in-peace. Q: Why do they fit ABS braking systems to the latest Skodas? A: So the driver can stop quicker to pick up the fallen off parts. Q: How do you make a Skoda go faster downhill? A: Turn off the engine. Q: What's the difference between a golfball and a Skoda? A: A golf ball can be driven 300 yards. Q: What is the difference between a Skoda and a shopping trolley? A: A shopping trolley is much easier to push. Q: What's the difference between a Skoda and a Jehovah's witness? A: You can close the door on a Jehovah's witness! Q: What do the new speed limit signs say on our suburban roads? A: Max speed - 60 km/h - Skodas do best you can. Q: Why do they put sidewalks beside most streets and highways? A: So Skoda owners have a safe place to walk home.

58 minutes ago, Auric Goldfinger said:

Well, The Story goes, in 1999 Mrs G and myself didn't own a car, we looked around for weeks looking at different makes etc etc and Mrs G suggested a Skoda, let go look she said.

" NOT IN A  MILLION YEARS AM I HAVING A SKODA " was the reply. Well wind forward a month and here we are in a Skoda Showroom.  Within 30 minutes we had bought a Skoda Felicia 1.3 Pacific, Special Edition and never looked back. Mrs G new CitiGo is our 27th Skoda. We have had every model, in almost every trim level but we have never had a Superb or a Yeti ( we arn't that old )

We just Love them 

I was meaning the Skoda garage itself, but thats good background info :D

On 4/29/2018 at 22:00, RickW said:

Unfortunately there are still lots of Skoda jokes going round and for many the stigma still makes people avoid them.

Q: What is the difference between a Skoda and a porcupine? A: Porcupines have pricks on the outside. Q: What's the difference between a Skoda and the principal's office? A: It's less embarrassing if your friends see you leaving the principal's office. Q: What goes on pages 4-5 of the Skoda's user's manual? A: The train & bus schedule. Q: What do you call a Skoda at the top of a Hill? A: A Miracle. Q: What do you call two Skodas at the top of a hill? A: A mirage. Q: What do you call a Skoda with dual exhausts? A: A wheelbarrow Q: What is the Skoda owner's most ardent wish? A: To buy a real car. Q: What do you call a Skoda with a seat belt? A: A rucksack. Q: How do you double the value of a Skoda Yeti? A: Fill the tank with petrol. Q: What did the Ford say to the Skoda? A: Would you like a tow home? Q: What do you call a Skoda with 200,000 miles on it? A: A lie. Q: Why is this country so far in debt? A: Because the president drives a Skoda. Q: Why do they fit heated tail gates to luxury Skoda autos? A: To keep your hands warm when you pushed them. Q: Why do the new Skoda Kodiaqs have larger bumpers? A: To make it easier on the tow trucks. Q: Why did the cat sleep under the Skoda? A: Because he wanted to wake up oily. Q: Why are Skoda dealers giving away a dog with each Skoda sold? A: So the owner has a companion to walk home with. Q: Why did the chicken cross the road? A: To push he's Skoda Octavia back into the dealer's show room. Q: Do you know why Skoda is making new heated bumpers? A: So when your pushing it home in the winter your hands stay warm. Q: Why didn't the chicken cross the road? A: Because his Skoda Fabia got stuck. Q: Why are the latest Skodas so aerodynamically designed? A: It improves the Chevy tow truck's fuel consumption. Q: What is the aim of a Skoda concept car? A: An attempt to keep their car running. Q: What is the difference between a Skoda and a tampon? A: A tampon comes with it's own tow rope. Q: How can they improve a Skoda Citigo? A: Put a Toyota engine in it. Q: What did the Toyota say to the Skoda on the side of the road? A: Rust-in-peace. Q: Why do they fit ABS braking systems to the latest Skodas? A: So the driver can stop quicker to pick up the fallen off parts. Q: How do you make a Skoda go faster downhill? A: Turn off the engine. Q: What's the difference between a golfball and a Skoda? A: A golf ball can be driven 300 yards. Q: What is the difference between a Skoda and a shopping trolley? A: A shopping trolley is much easier to push. Q: What's the difference between a Skoda and a Jehovah's witness? A: You can close the door on a Jehovah's witness! Q: What do the new speed limit signs say on our suburban roads? A: Max speed - 60 km/h - Skodas do best you can. Q: Why do they put sidewalks beside most streets and highways? A: So Skoda owners have a safe place to walk home.

The youngsters do not know about Skoda's past ridicule. My 28 year old son does not understand Skoda jokes and looks at me bewildered

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, edbostan said:

The youngsters do not know about Skoda's past ridicule. My 28 year old son does not understand Skoda jokes and looks at me bewildered

I agree, it's only us oldies remember how bad they were. A chap I used to work with bought an Estelle and it was rusting within a month.