Fabia Monte Carlo MKIII Towbar

Hi guys, 

I am looking at buying a new Fabia Monte Carlo hatchback with the 1.0L 110ps engine and DSG. I love the car, however, I do a lot of mountain biking and would like a way to carry bikes (without a boot lid bracket).

If possible is there any way to get the dealer to fit a detachable towbar onto this car? I have seen that Skoda themselves do make one, however, I cannot find any option to have it fitted by the dealer?

And while I am at it, I would like the sunglasses case as well fitted to the car.

Seems a bit silly that they wouldn't be able to offer it.

31 minutes ago, petereggington said:

Can’t have the sunglasses case as the panoramic roof prevents it.

my dealer asked if I needed a tow bar as I have one on my Octavia which they fitted after I purchased the car, so should be doable

Thanks, suppose I will have to live with my glasses living in their case ;)

And great! Was that on the Monte Carlo? I didn't know if the rear diffuser would cause issues.

On 25.4.2018 at 20:39, DJFern94 said:

Thanks, suppose I will have to live with my glasses living in their case ;)

And great! Was that on the Monte Carlo? I didn't know if the rear diffuser would cause issues.

The diffuser is just a peace of plastic glued on top of original bumper, just an extra layer they have to cut through if cut out is needed. Factory ones need a cut out, but there are after market ones that sit nicely behind the bumper edge.