Smartlink/Apple/Android Car Play

Hi,

I've got a 2016 1.6 TDI Octavia and I've tried getting the apple car play to work and it isn't, its asking for a code, i phone the garage and they say its £150 for them to install it and get it ready in my car does anyone know a way of getting by without having to pay, i don't need it, its more id like it cause its my first proper car and want to have all the features available and look after it properly

Check out @SashaGrace thread, it is possible, but I’d guess as it’s only the Smartlink you need enabling  taking it out and shipping to Poland might not be cost effective versus the dealer, I’m not sure if the knowledge is out there or if there’s anyone more local to do it. 

Edited by uchuff
  • Like 1

Yeah, you will have to pay someone to do if you don’t have the equipment and skill yourself. The SmartLink activation card is £122 from Skoda and no more than 15-20 mins to install it. I personally think it’s worth it as I use it a lot of the time, but if you don’t think it’s needed, then just wait until you do I suppose :)

I have mirror link in mine, this enables you to use apple car play and Android auto, I was going to pay for it in my 65 plate previous car, glad I didn't.

I'm having teething problems with it in my new car, it keeps disconnecting from my Google pixel XL, strangely when I'm in the hills and the mobile signal is weak? Perfect though when working. :thumbup: