Best wax for Rallye Green

Helloooo

So I know that obviously there are a billion different waxes you can use on any paint and I've tried loads in the past that have been specific for dark shades back when I had a dark blue car so has anyone had any experience in waxes/polishes that make green glean the best?

I've used Autoglym, Poor Boys, Dodo Juice etc in the past but just wondering if anyone can recommend something specific or very good for this car?

Any help would be much appreciated :)

...with the weather looking a bit better it's deffo getting into car cleaning season so I need to be prepared :D

• Like 1

One for @Karl Allen and the other rallye green boys perhaps.

Personally - on those i've detailed you are looking for a good flake pop from the wax.

Best results will be in the preparation though - polishing the pain or cleansing before waxing.

My go to waxes would be R222  or Auto Perfection Intensify.

I can add links if required....  looking forward to seeing your results.

• Thanks 1

Rallye green and black colour concept owner here 

As posted the key is in the prep work 

I personally use meguiars but I always have and find the product range very good and easy to use 

Only advice I'll give is find a brand that 

A) you like the product range and is easy to use and gives good results that you expect and can achieve 

B )is easily available should you need something in emergency that you have ran out of

C) is available at Halfords as hopefully they will have more 3for2 offers 

D)avoid the endless search of the perfect or best product it does not exist what works for me is what I use and everyone I know has a different opinion 

E) ignore marketing bull about hydrophobic nanolex  polymer etc etcmost are in lab conditions and are different to what you will actually achieve 

Polish and wax wise I've tried 

#205 polish

Very good hard to work with but cuts well and leaves a slick finish 

Gold class with carnauba wax 

Very easy to apply and remove leaves it looking deep but personally not very durable 

ultimate polish followed by Ultimate wax 

Currently my fave easy to apply tland remove the polish leaving a nice wet look 

wax is deceptive as it does not haze like most polishes so won't stain rubber and plastic trim so ensure good coverage very durable 

mirror bright polishing wax 

My current 2nd choice when not doing a full detail 

Slight cutting ability but very easy to remove and decent durability but not too long 

Having said that I usually top up wash  once a week and use quik wax as a drying aid between polish sessions which helps 

You don't say if you are using a da machine or hand 

Prep prep prep is vital 

A lot of these so called colour polishes had little fillers to mask any fine scratches or swirls 

I am very anal about cleaning my car and have a set routine if you want me to share it I  will 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@malcster this is awesome thank you!

I will do everything by hand - I don't have any experience using a machine so would not like to try my hand at it!

I must say I'm not as anal as a lot of people when it comes to cleaning but I do enjoy getting a good shine and seal on it so that when I give it a blast with water between polishes that it still has a coat on.

If you have any tips on how an amateur detail could be done then it would be much appreciated - I usually do a decent wash but not sure how up to scratch my technique is in comparison to others, usually do snow foam, shampoo, tar remove any bits that need (wheel clean in there somewhere as well) then polish and two coats wax - but any tips on how I could improve would be much appreciated. The paint on the car is still good as I've only washed it once to get bird poo and other nonsense off but not done a proper clean yet as waiting to do it properly with new equipment :) 

Tbh your ritual seems pretty solid so far 

Only thing that is missing is a claybar (not everyrime you wash i usually do mine 3-4 times a year 

Plus iron X to remove fallout 

Have a perusal on detailing world forum loads of advice and tips plus product reviews and a friendly bunch as well

The trap that everyone falls into is they have one or two bottles of stuff and before you know it you have a cabinet full 

It's a rabbit hole for sure but you can't beat the feeling of a sllick clean car 

Edited by malcster
  • Like 1

TBH, I've never been sold on these waxes that are allegedly better for one particular colour.

Having said that, I did find that synthetic sealants made the light blue metallic on my old car "pop" better than the collinite wax I had always used on it.

As mentioned above, preparation is key and will ultimately get you a better result than just the colour properties of a wax/sealant alone.

I've had a tin of Collinite 915 for over ten years, it's really easy to use and lasts for 3-4 months.  I've used it on a variety of different colour cars and never been disappointed in the results.

I recently purchased Fusso Dark Coat for my grey Octavia.  It comes with a "12 month guarantee" but that's under lab conditions, it would seems it's still good for 6+ months but I can't vouch for that as I only applied it a month ago.  Fusso also do a Light Coat for lighter colours and whilst I dismissed colour specific waxes above, I did definitely notice a different between sealant and wax on my old car so there may be something in differentiating between light & dark.

The Fusso wax/sealant has a reputation of being difficult to remove when applied but if you follow the instructions, apply sparingly and remove after 10-15 mins it's an absolute doddle! :)

• Thanks 1

The Carlack twins might be a good shout.  I've got them ready for my new Superb as they are apparently  best on mid-tone colours, especially metallics.  Though it can also get some good shine on white too. 

Carlack Long Life and NSC.

I was going to try the NSC with some FinishKare 1000P high temp wax over the top as they are meant to work well together but I didn't wan't to do a Spring detail and then get rid of the car so I was saving it for the new car BUT I've since bought the Carlack Longlife as a LSP.  

• Like 1