Tow socket layout

VAGGAZ

Hi

I have been fitting a towbar and electrics today and was getting on well until I fitted the socket! I was removing the wiring socket from the tow socket and the bloody casing came undone and now I have 10 wires and I want to make sure they go back in the right place in the socket! It is a genuine set. I have pushed them back into the socket and it felt like they went in ok but I was wondering big anyone has a layout?

17 minutes ago, VAGGAZ said:

Oh ok so I going by that I probably have put it back together correctly would you think? 

I have no idea but having 10, 11 & 12 empty makes sense.
If I was not sure I would use an electrical tester to check that the correct power is going to each pin.
Are you using a genuine Skoda kit or a generic relay sort?
Also are you getting the car coded with VCDS or similar so stability control, security etc are coded into the car?

23 minutes ago, Urrell said:

I have no idea but having 10, 11 & 12 empty makes sense.
If I was not sure I would use an electrical tester to check that the correct power is going to each pin.
Are you using a genuine Skoda kit or a generic relay sort?
Also are you getting the car coded with VCDS or similar so stability control, security etc are coded into the car?

Ok thanks I will try again tomorrow!

Yes being coded with VCDS

4 hours ago, Llanigraham said:

You can buy a plug-in tester than will confirm each circuit.

Thanks

I have sorted it now found wiring diagram on all data and it was all in correct place!