Latest spec

I was looking at the latest spec for the L&K on Carwow and it lists as having both xenon and led headlights. It also mentions speed restrictor on downhill and illuminated door handles. Anyone know whether it is led or xenon and what are the last two?

35 minutes ago, Brackenwood said:

and it lists as having both xenon and led headlights.

The current Superb has xenon lights (low & high beam) and LED daytime running lights.

MY19 Superb does not get LED lights (low & high beam) like the current Octavia and Kodiaq.

It might get it in the facelift version in MY20.......

My L&K has illuminated door handles. It lights up an area around the floor below the door. Handy for spotting the puddle of water that formed after you parked it up :) or dog doo .

The speed restrictor can be set in preference to the ACC and you can dial in whatever top speed you want. Then when you reach that preset speed it won't exceed it. However a full press of the gas pedal will override it to get you out of trouble.

Mercedes had that years ago and many cars have it nowadays. I never use it and prefer to set the cruise speed with the ACC and let the radar control it.

That carwow ad probably means BiXenon headlights with LED daytime running lights/indicators rather than solely LED headlights.

Edited by TerryMcK

@TerryMcK I'm wondering if you're comparing apples with oranges!

The puddle lights to which you refer are in the bottom of the door mirrors whereas the OP is referring to lights in the door handles.

Also, the speed restrictor which you mention is really for speed restricted winter wheels. The 'normal' speed restrictor (on other marque's) is as easy to use as ACC.

@john999boy I think I have interpreted the manual correctly. ACC doesn't function when you change the mode to Speed Restriction - at least on my L&K maybe others could concur.

Capture1.thumb.PNG.ff9033d8884ee84a7532f3a3cf73029d.PNGCapture2.thumb.PNG.a06f64ff28041071af57472b54352dbe.PNG

As to the lights in door handles does anybody know what that is? I read it as door mirrors so my mistake.

Edited by TerryMcK

4 hours ago, TerryMcK said:

@john999boy I think I have interpreted the manual correctly. ACC doesn't function when you change the mode to Speed Restriction - at least on my L&K maybe others could concur.

Capture1.thumb.PNG.ff9033d8884ee84a7532f3a3cf73029d.PNGCapture2.thumb.PNG.a06f64ff28041071af57472b54352dbe.PNG

As to the lights in door handles does anybody know what that is? I read it as door mirrors so my mistake.

This came in around late 2017 - - cars before didnt have the button (labelled D) on the lower section of the stalk.

My16 car does not have the speed limiter toggle, it only has the ACC which includes the limiter until you touch the brakes, where as the above remains enabled.  (its been discussed on the forum before.)

In regards to the door handles, i think all SE upwards have the LEDs on the internal door handles and wing mirrors.

Edited by RickTT

2 hours ago, TerryMcK said:

12 months. I was built late July 2017 and delivered to me in mid August 2017.

Well I never knew that my car (Dec 2017) had that feature!

Looks like I was wanting mixing up the external handles to have illumination too. :blush

thank-you.png

Door light.jpg

53 minutes ago, prattmmc said:

Doesn't look like it has helped him much - he still managed to get in the wrong side

Perhaps it should shine port/red starboard/green like ships and planes to guide those hapless folk. :biggrin:

2 hours ago, john999boy said:

Well I never knew that my car (Dec 2017) had that feature!

Looks like I was wanting mixing up the external handles to have illumination too. :blush

thank-you.png

Door light.jpg

LOL. I have had mine a day over 12 months and only found the velco backed angle thingies in the sub woofer compartment that stop things sliding about in the boot last week!

Thanks for that guys that is very thorough. Checked on CarWow spec again and it says illuminated door handles under the exterior features, but that must be a mistake. I do realise the door handles are illuminated internally, as I run one at the moment. It also says Downhill speed regulation (DSR) with switch so I can not associate that with DCC. With regard to the headlights it says bi-xenon headlights  and led running lights, and then it says halogen headlights about three lines later, so whilst that is clearly a mistake, I wanted to read led headlights in my mind and that is what I read. Shame they are not fitting led headlights I find the bi-xenon inefficient.

I guess before ordering with CarWow I need to copy this spec list out and send it to them to confirm what is actually provided. As an expert witness if you get one tiny fact wrong in court, the whole of your expertise is then doubted on all other matters.

• Thanks 1

From latest on Skoda website 3rd July price/spec brochure

SE upwards

Electrically folding door mirrors with illuminated boarding spots

Sportline upwards

LED interior light pack (LED ambient lighting in 10 colours, front and rear reading lights, footwell lighting, door handle illumination and vanity mirror lighting)

Nothing about DSR could be a MY19 feature.

New brochure probably next Monday.

That clears everything up now in my mind and JR RS, that production changes list is absolutely brilliant listing all changes that will occur. I like the ambient lighting changing when you select sport mode, is one colour more speed orientated than another?

2 hours ago, Brackenwood said:

That clears everything up now in my mind and JR RS, that production changes list is absolutely brilliant listing all changes that will occur. I like the ambient lighting changing when you select sport mode, is one colour more speed orientated than another?

No, it's annoying as hell.  The interior LED's in my Leon FR would be red in Sport mode and white for everything else.  Though it is scientifically proven that red is the fastest colour. 

I would have like the digital cockpit and not too bad for £450, though I bet it's actually cheaper to produce than the analog dials they fit for free.

The ice scraper having the tyre tread markings is a recipe for disaster.  The scraper is just too big to try and get it in place without fumbling and as a general rule I don't like anything that comes into contact with 'dirty' parts of the car to then touch the bodywork, glass etc.  Scratchy scratchy. 

Edited by penguin17

Penguin17

good thinking I thought at first what a good idea, but on second thoughts how daft to mix gritty tyres with a windscreen? Recipe for disaster, i am even sensitive to using a scraper as glass is quite fickle when it comes to scratching. Our coffee table has scratches and all we do is wipe it down occasionally.

The digital display looks great that is definitely on my extras list, although as you say the actual production cost must be similar.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, shootek said:

Google maps no longer available on MY19 and to stop working W45/19 on other older MY?

Where is the source for this information ?

thanks

1 minute ago, shootek said:

In the document (pdf) above.

image.png.7b16d95f77de961cc778533db9937bd0.png

Is that google earth though rather than Google maps as i thought they were 2 different products 

• Like 1