WLTP

33q

Those figures look crazy that were posted.  

Your car will have SCR now so totally different from the 1.6TDI DSG that was being produced. 

Skoda Ireland are the people to ask if they opened the order books, took orders and are importing the cars.

Yeah - the figures look high and I'd like to see more confirmation that these ones aren't a mistake. That would hardly be a first for Skoda anywhere. 

Our annual road tax in Ireland is based on Co2 bands.  The simple truth is that we don't know and nobody will know what our government will do until the next budget in October.

An article in The Irish Times (rough equivalent to The Times in the UK) quoted a source as saying this in relation to purchase price and road tax "“If you can get a good deal on an NEDC car from stock, take it, because it almost certainly will be cheaper."  This is because the pre-WLTP cars will keep their old CO2 band ratings.  

Yes correct the tax does go up..but in the UK it goes up by 2020 based on the new wltp figures...until den the vehicles registered before 2020 will be registered and taxed as per NEDC figures throughout their lifetime..so basically wat the figures are now before wltp..so tink around £160 odd..dis is as per the DVLA website..it might be similar in Ireland but not sure..

This is intresting using Google translate:

* WLTP-arvosta laskettu NEDC-arvo. Arvo on alustava ja se voi muuttua. Lopullisia testeillä vahvistettuja autoyksilökohtaisia arvoja ei ole vielä saatavilla

* NEDC value calculated from WLTP. The value is preliminary and can change. No specific values for auto-tests confirmed by final tests are available yet

Screenshot (43)_cr.jpg

Edited by Max48

31 minutes ago, Max48 said:

* WLTP-arvosta laskettu NEDC-arvo. Arvo on alustava ja se voi muuttua. Lopullisia testeillä vahvistettuja autoyksilökohtaisia arvoja ei ole vielä saatavilla

* NEDC value calculated from WLTP. The value is preliminary and can change. No specific values for auto-tests confirmed by final tests are available yet

Screenshot (43)_cr.jpg

So these might not be the actual WLTP figures but "NEDC corollated figures"

http://wltpfacts.eu/nedc-value-car-increased/

In which case the true final WLTP are even worse!

There may be truth in the rumour hat manufacturers are deliberately elevating results with an eye to future legislation.

9 hours ago, Max48 said:

Screenshot (43)_cr.jpg

There is in the original and translated text the asterix (*) as a comment mark. There are not any asterix in this price list. This comment sentence has left here from the older price lists, where were the NEDC based values. These are errors in the rush.

As you can see there is another careless mistake:

-  Katso  tehdastilauslisävarusteiden  hinnat  Kodiaq-tehdastilauslisävarustehinnastosta.

->

- Refer to the Kodiaq factory accessory price list for factory equipment accessory prices.

And this is the Karoq price list.

Edited by Grumpy Finn

From WLTP Facts - EU:

"WLTP should not negatively impact vehicle taxation

The European Commission should make clear to member states that the shift to WLTP should not negatively impact vehicle taxation by increasing costs for consumers.
    National governments should also adapt their taxation systems, since WLTP will result in a higher CO2 value for the one and same vehicle compared to NEDC. If they fail to do so, the introduction of the new test procedure will increase the financial burden on consumers."

http://wltpfacts.eu/taxation-wltp/

Edited by agedbriar

The UK will not be a Member State after March 2019

and even though the UK Chancellor has been held to not changing VED or BIK until maybe 2020, 

there will be a Budget in 2019 after this one in 2018 and Philip Hammond MP might not be the Chancellor and the Conservatives & Unionists might not be the Government so lets see if ridiculously high C02 g/km emissions can be ignored in the UK as Low Emission Zones are introduced, Parking Charges on Diesels & Older Petrol / Diesels. 

Euro 5 Diesels amd Euro 4 Petrols and older, and then it turns out that Euro 6d are actually still high.

It looks like it will all be coming out in the wash, maybe the UK should stop allowing the Importation or Manufacturing & export of Gas Guzzlers that are just small passenger 

cars.

Then any that are new vehicles entering the UK for short or longer times should be getting charged extra on the C02 g/km from the WLTP that they now have.

That or just scrap the VED in the UK, put even more Taxes & Duty on Fuel in the UK and you pay as you drive, use more fuel pay more towards the cars emissions.

1 hour ago, Offski said:

That or just scrap the VED in the UK, put even more Taxes & Duty on Fuel in the UK and you pay as you drive, use more fuel pay more towards the cars emissions.

Taxing fuel directly relates to CO2 emissions only, which is THE primary emission culprit as far as long term climate change goes.  On the other hand it ignores the local emission culprits, such as NOx and particulates.

However UK regulations are administered or fiddled is a local concern only together with all the other Brexit calamities.

3 minutes ago, Agerbundsen said:

Taxing fuel directly relates to CO2 emissions only, which is THE primary emission culprit as far as long term climate change goes.  On the other hand it ignores the local emission culprits, such as NOx and particulates.

However UK regulations are administered or fiddled is a local concern only together with all the other Brexit calamities.

Whilst I accept your point on different elements of pollution, using higher fuel duty to raise taxes instead of VED seems fairer and just to me

Obviously if you are using fuel you are polluting more fuel more pollution, because the C02 & NoX was being given as kidology figures and if you have cars not driving doing low mileages only, or even EV's start a Road Tax based on the Length & Weight of vehicles & then the 'Congestion charges' for entering '#Congested Areas.

Don't just let those that take polluters into Low Emission Areas or Congested areas because they can afford too while others can not.

one driver & no passengers in a Mid or Full sized SUV / 4x4 as an example.  Company cars that have never had anything on the tow hitch, never will and have never or will never drive off a road. 

maybe never even leave a town or city from one week to the next.

Edited by Offski

Confused- just seen the above posts on WLTP. Am I making a mistake??

Taking delivery ,on 26th Sept, of a Karoq 1.5TSi  SE demo which was registerd on 1st August 2018.

If the test results are correct it seems as if the road tax could go skyhigh . Thought I was making the right move  in changing from my Yeti L&K 150 TDi which was giving me lots of dpf worries Only got a week left to change my mind, cancel the px and stick with the Yei.

Anybody got any  helful comments on this

Yesterday Skoda UK published and updated wltp pricing specs for the Karoq and updated the configurator. Skoda online chat guy also informed me that order books for the 1.5 tsi are now open. The co2 figures havent changed much from the 2018 spec and are the NEDC correlated ones which manufacturers are displayed in the price list. The 1.5 tsi dsg sel model i'm looking to order has a co2 value of 127g/km

http://www.skoda.co.uk/SiteCollectionDocuments/downloads/brochures/karoq_pricing_specs.pdf

7 hours ago, Jon48 said:

Yesterday Skoda UK published and updated wltp pricing specs for the Karoq and updated the configurator. Skoda online chat guy also informed me that order books for the 1.5 tsi are now open. The co2 figures havent changed much from the 2018 spec and are the NEDC correlated ones which manufacturers are displayed in the price list. The 1.5 tsi dsg sel model i'm looking to order has a co2 value of 127g/km

http://www.skoda.co.uk/SiteCollectionDocuments/downloads/brochures/karoq_pricing_specs.pdf

If you look in the small print at the end of the brochure, it says although the vehicles for sale are WLTP tested the figures being quoted are the old NEDC figures

Therefore those figures are not the new CO2 rating under WLTP

What no one knows yet, is if the Government will change VED in the budget (and the date from when it will be effective), just because they have previously given an indication of waiting an extra year (when they didn't know) doesn't mean they will stick with it as every years Finance Act is separate from previous years one.

10 minutes ago, SurreyJohn said:

What no one knows yet, is if the Government will change VED in the budget (and the date from when it will be effective), just because they have previously given an indication of waiting an extra year (when they didn't know) doesn't mean they will stick with it as every years Finance Act is separate from previous years one.

What I can state with some certainty is that ministers will use WLTP as an excuse to hike VED, I suspect by a quite a lot.

A new Chancellor like Michael Gove MP or a new Government like made up of Labour, Lib dam , SNP can not ignore the ridiculously high emissions if the UK is not a EU Member state and the EU are trying to Fine the UK for High Emissions from EU / UK built vehicles even if Brand New.

Time will tell just who gets screwed the most, but Philip Hammond MP said it would  not be White Van Man or Woman.

Maybe their bosses have the biggest cars and emission emitters and a nice 'leg up from the HMRC / Tax payers'.

Obviously with White Van Man / Woman Philip Hammond MP was ignoring that they might have cars or partners and family do.

(Interesting at least to me he started making his Millions at School and Uni trading in cars. Ford cars i read.)

Edited by Offski

I think the figures are NEDC calculated from the WLTP figures.  There is an EU calculation to relate the two figures.  The current engines on offer 1.0, 1.5 and 1.6D are not the same as those offered in MY18 (OPF on the petrols and Adblue on the diesel).  I don't think it is permitted to use any other NEDC figure now.

Whilst I can't guarantee what will happen to VED, The government appears to be fairly straight on VED.  I still pay £30 per year VED for my current SEAT Leon which was registered before 1 April 2017. If it had been registered after 1 April 2017, I would be paying £140 pa.

For Ajay24, he will be paying £140 per year (+any  increase announced in the budget) as the annual VED is currently not related to emissions.  The first registration tax is related to emissions but his car has already been registered so he has paid it already.  Even the UK government rarely implements retrospective legislation.

Just hit the BIK,

and New First Registrations from April 2019, as not often does the UK leave the EU in a month of March.

Or leave it to September 2019 after announcing it in the 2018 Autumn Budget nearer Christmas these days.

I checked with the skoda online chat and the state that the co2 figures in the price list are indeed nedc values calculated from the wltp test results. A ‘correlation exercise’ was carried out by the European Commission to determine how the values for new cars measured on the WLTP cycle will be translated back to NEDC equivalent values for monitoring against the EU CO2 targets. These correlated NEDC values were calculated using a correlation simulation tool known as co2mpas https://co2mpas-ta.readthedocs.io/en/latest/