BLT turbo required

Jay29

Does anyone know where I can pick up a remanufactured BLT turbo without having to exchange the current one on the car? I kno there was a chap on the forums who sold turbos but I cannot remember his name 

Any help would be much appreciated 

You can surprisingly just about fit the original EGR back to fit an ASZ turbo. Or most just blank out the EGR and remap.

Its not made for it, but with some tight give in the egr end and not mounting to the intake seems to only just fit with some wrestling and also means I don't have to map it out - yet. Probably wasn't worth the effort though lol.

I've just done it on mine, also I heard the EGR was a good thing to keep for economy etc.

My own thought is it probably does need support missing on the EGR mechanism weight but its a mile off from mounting properly to the original egr support bolts now so would need something custom bracket!

I can still blank off or delete EGR later and map out if I wanted, but just didn't have EGR blank plate handy at time I did my turbo anyway.

Plan to do a proper catch can too, I was venting but I think it is better to use a catch to not get any future MOT issues.

My turbo blew to smithereens. If you need a KKK manifold you can have mine for free for exchange if you like. ( it has some scoring of the walls on intake side and the wheel is jammed up on the inside lol, but the exhaust side wheel might even be undamaged its loose). It might be of exchange use to a company, lets face it most turbos won't be like new or undamaged for exchange will they lol.

Also have a spare PD130 turbo exhaust manifold for an ASZ without , its a bit worse for wear having had to be welded in a attempt to split it they cut the thing  open, but the VNT is nicely decoked and could take a £90 UK CHRA for a nice cheap ASZ style PD130 turbo.

As I got a brand new turbo for a ridiculous price so canned the idea of trying to build up the above PD130 turbo I had ( it was ok but was so coked I couldn't move the VNT properly)....it just went downhill from there after taking it somewhere to be heated and split and thats when they busted the CHRA bit and had cut a big angle grind in the mani - but they did kindly weld up neatly for me so I have everything for turbo minus the middle CHRA bit which is what normally constitutes the "refurbished" turbo

Edited by vRSAnt