Gearbox? MY2019

mlohnork

https://www.honestjohn.co.uk/faq/automatic-transmissions/

Open the above link, scroll down to DSG gearboxes where it states which gearboxes are fitted to which engines and what torque capacity they can handle.

I think you may have to log in to open the link.

Edited by olderman1

23 minutes ago, mlohnork said:

Im not from the uk, and don't have login. And i'm not sure they would know those things about a MY19. But if you have the information, then feel free to share it.

You must be able to login otherwise you wouldn't have been able to start your own thread.

However, it doesn't matter as you can open the link without being logged in, or at least I can so I don't see why you can't. Just click on the link and the info you need is there.

1 hour ago, olderman1 said:

You must be able to login otherwise you wouldn't have been able to start your own thread.

However, it doesn't matter as you can open the link without being logged in, or at least I can so I don't see why you can't. Just click on the link and the info you need is there.

? I thought You wanted me to login onto honest john.

Well, i can't find the info in the link. Can You? If You can, it sure would be easier if you then share the information. 

Edited by mlohnork

1 hour ago, Kenny R said:

My 2018 Kodiaq 2.0 Tsi has the DQ500 DSG gearbox, would seem a backwards step to fit the DQ381 now.

How did you find that information about your car Kenny ? I have the same model as you and I haven't seen it written anywhere.

• Confused 1

15 minutes ago, mlohnork said:

? I thought You wanted me to login onto honest john.

Well, i can't find the info in the link. Can You? If You can, it sure would be easier if you then share the information. 

I can only provide the link I'm afraid, I do not know how to copy and paste the info contained in it onto this site. If you click the link, this opens up a section of the Honest John website concerning auto gearboxes. Scroll down a short way and you come to Direct Shift Gearboxes. This details the DSG boxes that VAG fit to their cars and which engine has which gearbox, dependant on how much torque that particular engine has.

If you cannot open the link where you are, it must be something to do with the Briskoda website blocking it.

From the earlier link...

These are the different VAG DSG/s-tronics: 

DQ200 is a seven speed transverse DSG with a dry clutch pack used in all five brands. The gearbox code in the diagnostic log shows 0AM and or 0CW. This gearbox does not have a service requirement as it is sealed for life. Fittted to 1.0 litre to 1.8 litre petrol and diesel engines.

DQ400 is a six speed transverse DSG with a wet clutch pack and is used in the VW Golf Hybrid and Passat GTE and also Audi A3 etron the gearbox code in the diagnostic log shows 0DD. The gearbox also has a service requirement of 40.000 miles

DQ250 is a six speed transverse DSG with a wet clutch pack. The gearbox code in the diagnostic log shows 02E and or 0D9. This also has a service requirement of 40.000 miles. Fitted to 2.0 litre petrol and diesel engines.

DQ381 is a seven speed transverse DSG with a wet clutch pack and torque capacity of 420-430Nm.

DQ500 is a seven speed transverse DSG with a wet clutch pack and a torque capacity of 600Nm, mainly used in the VW Tiguan and Audi Q3 it can also be found in the CV T5, the gearbox code in the diagnostic log shows 0BH and or 0BT. This also has a service requirement of 40,000 miles. Fitted to 2.0 litre 4-cylinder petrol and diesel engines and 2.5 litre 5-cylinder petrol engines.

DQ511 is a ten speed transverse DSG with a wet clutch pack and a torque capacity of 550Nm.

DL382 is a seven speed longitudinal DSG with a wet clutch pack and a torque capacity of 400Nm, used in front wheel drive Audi A4s, A5s and A6s.

DL501 is a seven speed longitudinal DSG with a wet clutch pack and a torque capacity of 600Nm, used in Quattro four wheel drive Audi A5s, A6s, A7s and A8s, and the Porsche Macan.

Well done for the text, silver - but I’m not sure that link helps.  We don’t know how long ago it was written; it doesn’t, for example, include what was used for the 1.4 TSi Kodiaqs; and (therefore) can’t specifically answer mlohnork’s question.

• 1 month later...