Week 22 Updates

Hi All, 

Does anyone know that the upcoming updates for the Kodiaq are? All I know is that the Skoda arrow badge will be replaced by 'S K O D A' lettering across the back, and the availability of new 'Ignite' rims for Sportline and RS. Nobody seems to know what the new rims look like though.

17 minutes ago, TheRobinK said:

I think @ZacDaMan72 is asking about MY20 changes  (week 22 this year is around the time the factory moves to the 2020 production specs)?

Yup. I’m ordering a Kodiaq RS soon so wanting to know if I should wait a bit or not 

• Like 1

Found a PDF in Dutch showing updates. So far, updates are:

- Door protection no longer standard equipment

- G13 coolant replaced with G12evo 

- No more Skoda logo on engine cover for 1.5TSI, 2.0TSI, 1.6TDI

- KESSY key with motion sensor (does not emit signal unless key movement detected)

- LED interior lighting linked to dipped beam (why???)

- Blind Spot Detection replaced with Side Assist (range now 70m from 20m, blind spot indicator moved to mirror housing a la VW/Audi)

- Skoda arrow logo on boot replaced with Skoda lettering (Kodiaq lettering gets moved to left as well)

MY20 cars will be built from build week 28 instead of the usual 22.

Edited by ZacDaMan72
  • Like 1

I'd be interested if the lettering on the rear can be ordered from a dealer and retrofitted. Looks good, compared to the centre logo, as seen in pic below on Kodiaq GT.

Hoping that the current centre logo is just stuck on and not screwed in thus leaving holes if it is removed.

skoda-kodiaq-gt[1].jpg

Edited by r08shaw

8 hours ago, r08shaw said:

I'd be interested if the lettering on the rear can be ordered from a dealer and retrofitted. Looks good, compared to the centre logo, as seen in pic below on Kodiaq GT.

Hoping that the current centre logo is just stuck on and not screwed in thus leaving holes if it is removed.

skoda-kodiaq-gt[1].jpg

Unfortunately dimples and a recess when removed 

On 22/04/2019 at 03:49, ZacDaMan72 said:

- LED interior lighting linked to dipped beam (why???)

About time too.

This is the most annoying thing with the current Kodiaq. It's dark, you turn the engine/ignition off at your destination, and you're left sat in the dark, fumbling for the door handle and your possessions etc.

Manufacturers (including non KESSY Skoda's) have successfully designed the interior lights to come on automatically at night when the key is removed for years.

A blatant oversight / ****-up on the early Kodiaq's.

3 hours ago, silver1011 said:

About time too.

This is the most annoying thing with the current Kodiaq. It's dark, you turn the engine/ignition off at your destination, and you're left sat in the dark, fumbling for the door handle and your possessions etc.

Manufacturers (including non KESSY Skoda's) have successfully designed the interior lights to come on automatically at night when the key is removed for years.

A blatant oversight / ****-up on the early Kodiaq's.

Ah, didn't think about that. That's really good then. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

A bit more information from Skoda UK on MY20 changes...

The following are the MY20 changes for the KODIAQ:

1. The 1.5TSI 150PS DSG 4x4 has been discontinued.
2. Race Blue metallic paint is now available.
3. Blind spot detection position and signalling has changed. Range has increased to 70 meters. 
4. Spare wheel is now available
5. Direct tyre pressure monitoring system is available. 
6. Colour multifuntion trip computer is standard on SE L and Scout.
7. Dynamic Chassis Control is also available on 4x2 drive trains.
8. A new 20 inch ignite alloy is available.
9. Seats with clima leather are available on the Scout.
10. Sport seats are not available on SE L and Edition. 
11. Change of material for leather seats.
12. Removal of door edge protection as standard.
13. Ambient lighting activation.
14. New tailgate badge.
15. Sound actuator enhancement.
16. Coolant changing.
17. Engine cover will not have Skoda badge.
18. ISOFIX caps removed.

This in addition to the KESSY motion sensor on all Skoda keyfobs equipped with the system.

Thanks for the list.

Does any one know if number 15. Sound actuator enhancement is available standard on all Kodiaq or only on RS starting MY2020?

And has anyone seen a picture of the 8. 20 inch Ingnite alloy?

Edited by doncalitri

Thanks for the list... but the Race Blue paint was already available on the vRS. Is it now going to be an option on other trims??

And spare wheels have always been optional as well. Is this a full-size one rather than a spacesaver?

Hope the new price & specs guide is published soon!

Chris

6 hours ago, silver1011 said:

A bit more information from Skoda UK on MY20 changes...

2. Race Blue metallic paint is now available.
3. Blind spot detection position and signalling has changed. Range has increased to 70 meters. 
4. Spare wheel is now available
5. Direct tyre pressure monitoring system is available. 
6. Colour multifuntion trip computer is standard on SE L and Scout.
7. Dynamic Chassis Control is also available on 4x2 drive trains.
8. A new 20 inch ignite alloy is available.
9. Seats with clima leather are available on the Scout.
10. Sport seats are not available on SE L and Edition. 
11. Change of material for leather seats.
12. Removal of door edge protection as standard.
13. Ambient lighting activation.
14. New tailgate badge.
15. Sound actuator enhancement.
16. Coolant changing.
17. Engine cover will not have Skoda badge.
18. ISOFIX caps removed.

This in addition to the KESSY motion sensor on all Skoda keyfobs equipped with the system.

Definitely my post from Facebook kodiaq uk! I had live chat on skoda uk and got this list. 

20 hours ago, silver1011 said:

Bit concerning, as that is the power train I have on my recently purchased Kodiaq.  Anyone know why they have done this?

24 minutes ago, doncalitri said:

Anyone has any pictures of the Ignite rims?

No officially released photos, however they're physically wider than the Xtreme and Vega alloys at 8.5" wide.

No official images released yet, soon hopefully...

image.png.0492464608e937a2c8bd96fd7fd3f5d7.png

Not for me, 19" seems to offer me the best balance between aesthetics, ride comfort and tyre replacement costs, although I'd probably choose 18" if they looked better. 

Image result for silver1011 kodiaq scout

The trade-off for bigger wheels is lower profile tyres which on an SUV doesn't make too much sense for me unless you spend all your time on the motorway...

Image result for bmw x5 wheels

20” is far from bad in the Kodiaq. I found that the RS tuned suspension to actually feel better than my Kodiaq on 19” rims. Suspension control almost feels Audi like.

The Ignites look awesome, and will have a wider stance compared to standard rims. Will cost a fair amount more (£500 in NZ) than standard 20” though. Runs 255/40R20 - not keen to replace the tyres on them. Think of the Jaguar style 1020 rims. 

4 hours ago, Stu_Magoo said:

Bit concerning, as that is the power train I have on my recently purchased Kodiaq.  Anyone know why they have done this?

It seems to be a Skoda UK driven change rather than Skoda CZ, and I'd guess it's like the removal of the 5 seat versions for the UK market. They want to drive the Kodiaq up-market with higher profit levels and leave the Karoq to provide the 5 seat and smaller engine options.

Chris

2 hours ago, ZacDaMan72 said:

20” is far from bad in the Kodiaq. I found that the RS tuned suspension to actually feel better than my Kodiaq on 19” rims. Suspension control almost feels Audi like.

The Ignites look awesome, and will have a wider stance compared to standard rims. Will cost a fair amount more (£500 in NZ) than standard 20” though. Runs 255/40R20 - not keen to replace the tyres on them. Think of the Jaguar style 1020 rims. 

Your roads in NZ are like glass compared to ours, you could probably run on the rims without any tyres and be impressed compared to the ride on UK roads! :D

I certainly noticed a distinct difference between 18" and 19".

Edited by silver1011