Goodbye Skoda

BillN_33

just sold our 2 Yeti's ....... probably would have bought another Yeti had there been a very low miles 150bhp 4WD around - there were a few at £16k++ but at that price we started looking at the Karoq, (and the VW, BMW etc., equivalents)

I drove a Karoq 2.0 4WD Edition Manual and was quite impressed - very well equipped, quiet, roomy etc., etc.,has plenty of performance......... but it is certainly not a Yeti but I suppose that it is a better car even though the styling could be considered maybe bland.

For me it is does not drive like a Yeti - the "feel" for the road etc., that the Yeti has ....has gone in the Karoq

I wish Skoda the best of luck with the new range and the sales guy I saw near Oxford did a first class job during my test drive etc.,

We have gone for a BMW X1 18d Xdrive Xline - auto with leather and a few other bits and pieces - it was a BMW staff car bought from the local BM dealer, the car is like new, 4,000 miles on the clock, 9 months old, (and £13k below original list price)

The car drives very very well, I was impressed with the test drive, (we have a 335D), but the 2 litre 150bhp engine in the 18d pulls very well and the 8 speed sports auto box, (with 3 modes) - well, what can I saw, it's just the best around

Edited by BillN_33

Enjoy your new car. I don’t think you are alone in thinking the Karoq just doesn’t have the appeal of a Yeti and deciding to move to another make. I can’t see myself buying another Skoda SUV/Crossover either, when the time comes I will have a look at all the competitors - and there seems more smallish SUV’s to choose from every week!

Edited by Expatman

4 minutes ago, shyVRS245 said:

Wow so the X1 has lost £13,000 after 4,000 miles. It should have a sticker in the rear window "The Ultimate Depreciation Machine".:o

I think a new model (LCI) will be released this year

29 minutes ago, shyVRS245 said:

Yeah BMW normally introduce new models every 7 years like Skoda.:thumbup:

I was offered a Karoq Edition - 4WD 150bhp diesel for £23k - 5,000 miles and under a year old - at £10k below list - Edition discontinued and K & L model to be introduced

I would expect such discounts at this price point on similar cars - the Merc discount was slightly higher on a £34k + list price

Edited by BillN_33
  • Thanks 1

On 04/08/2019 at 15:44, Expatman said:

Enjoy your new car. I don’t think you are alone in thinking the Karoq just doesn’t have the appeal of a Yeti and deciding to move to another make. I can’t see myself buying another Skoda SUV/Crossover either, when the time comes I will have a look at all the competitors - and there seems more smallish SUV’s to choose from every week!

Yes, that and the problems around the 1.5 TSI meant I looked elsewhere and bought a Volvo which is great. 

1 hour ago, VAGCF said:

Yes, that and the problems around the 1.5 TSI meant I looked elsewhere and bought a Volvo which is great. 

Volvo is a bit too big for me, Peugeot new 2008 has good previews but there are so many small SUV's coming onto the market that I might be spoilt for choice!