Couple of Octavia vRS questions

Hi,

I have just purchased a 2017 Facelift Octavia vRS TDi from a main dealer and it seems to have some bits missing that I would like to buy to make it complete, but I'm not sure what they are or if they are even available to purchase new.

I'd be grateful if another owner could shed some light of the following:

In the passenger glove box there are some clips on the right that have nothing in it.

There is a tray under the passenger seat, I managed to google that and it looks like there should be an umbrella there.

In the boot, I have empty spaces that I presume the first aid kit and warning triangle was there as the securing straps are undone.

The car doesn't have a spare wheel but the previous owner has kindly removed everything here too, just leaving a black foam tray with various empty compartments. Probably jack, wheel brace, etc.

I can never understand we people remove all this stuff before they sell their car, especially when it only has one previous owner, perhaps trying to raise a few extra quid on Ebay maybe.

Thanks in advance

Calvin

Are the clips in the glovebox not for holding a pen?

You don’t get a first aid kit or triangle in the Uk.

If no spare wheel you should only have gunk and a compressor. Jack etc is only supplied with spare wheel option.

Edited by Kenny R
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, CalvinE said:

I'd be grateful if another owner could shed some light of the following:

In the passenger glove box there are some clips on the right that have nothing in it.

There is a tray under the passenger seat, I managed to google that and it looks like there should be an umbrella there.

In the boot, I have empty spaces that I presume the first aid kit and warning triangle was there as the securing straps are undone.

The car doesn't have a spare wheel but the previous owner has kindly removed everything here too, just leaving a black foam tray with various empty compartments. Probably jack, wheel brace, etc.

All of the things that are "missing" are options. If they could the dealers would probably charge you £5 for the air in each tyre at the time of purchase.

Under seat is for high vis jacket.

I use the rear elastic straps for a can of deicer in the colder months, fits perfectly.

I got a space saver wheel thrown in for free when I bought my car as I didn't want the gunk as it renders the tyre useless once it's inside and done it's one-time job.

I think only the L&K came with umbrellas and even those (I think) are stowed in the door panel somewhere? 

2 hours ago, courty said:

I think only the L&K came with umbrellas and even those (I think) are stowed in the door panel somewhere?

My VRS came with an umbrella............🙂

And it was in the little drawer thingy under the passenger seat.......

Edited by Phil245
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Phil245 said:

What year is your VRS? The umbrella was introduced as a running change.

1 hour ago, Phil245 said:

I feel like going down the dealership tomorrow and demanding my brolly...it's been 4yrs like so I'll probably get laughed out of the showroom!

21 hours ago, Phil245 said:

Same!!! 18 plate vrs

Edited by JamiePvrs

7 minutes ago, roaddetective said:

Mine came with the brolly. Probable will never use it though.

We used the under seat brolly in the wife's Karoq yesterday as we voted in the pouring rain. It never stopped all day. Surprised Corbyn didn't blame the bad weather for his party's poor performance.:rain:

21 hours ago, roaddetective said:

Mine came with the brolly. Probable will never use it though.

My Karoq came  with a brolly, looks like it cost about 50p to make (flimsy's not the word) ! I wonder how much Skoda charge for a replacement?

7 hours ago, shyVRS245 said:

It has been very wet in Sheffield and Nottingham according to the Met Office.:rain:

I also took the family to Disneyland a couple of weeks ago where it rained at some point every day. Trusty skoda brolly was used everyday and worked a treat!

11 minutes ago, JamiePvrs said:

I also took the family to Disneyland a couple of weeks ago where it rained at some point every day. Trusty skoda brolly was used everyday and worked a treat!

If that was Paris you did well to escape before the revolting started.:whew:

3 hours ago, shyVRS245 said:

If that was Paris you did well to escape before the revolting started.:whew:

Yeah Paris. 2 lads tried to mug me in a supermarket and we got stuck at the top of the Hollywood tower for 40 minutes!!! Other than that it was fine lol

• Haha 1