Wireless Android Auto

Hi

I've ordered a Octavia SE-L First Edition estate and these come with wireless charging for phones. Does anyone know if they can also do wireless Android Auto?

It's very unclear from the Skoda marketing. Wireless Apple CarPlay looks like a yes but they seem to be fudging Android Auto information.

Thanks

Nope. It doesn't work. 

The option is there but it is not connecting.

I still haven't tried the cable approach.

Apparently they also have the issue with the Golf mk8.

So try it out when you consider buying it.

Too late I've bought it, it's in the country and I get it next week :)

Wireless Android Auto isn't a deal breaker for me I already have to do it via USB in my MK III hatchback so no difference if it's still wired. Wireless would be nice though so hopefully they fix it in a software update.  There is no way I'm changing to an Apple phone just to get wireless mirroring in the car.

Edited by pcolbeck

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I was equally confused about all this.  Apple works with Blueooth, Android does not... fair enough.  But the stuff about wi-fi in the manual is clear as mud.

Anybody got the wi-fi connected successfully, and if so what can you actually do with it?  I'm not sure if it's just for hotspotting (which presumably is only a thing if you have a SIM for your car)?!

2 hours ago, a1dan75 said:

I was equally confused about all this.  Apple works with Blueooth, Android does not... fair enough.  But the stuff about wi-fi in the manual is clear as mud.

Anybody got the wi-fi connected successfully, and if so what can you actually do with it?  I'm not sure if it's just for hotspotting (which presumably is only a thing if you have a SIM for your car)?!

i have apple play and it turns bluetooth off when using it, and its just for hotspot i think and i presume to connect to your home wifi for updates....not 100% sure if correct 

5 minutes ago, Matmacka said:

i have apple play and it turns bluetooth off when using it, and its just for hotspot i think and i presume to connect to your home wifi for updates....not 100% sure if correct 

my bad you was on about android auto dont use bluetooth 😂

Picked up new SE model last night. Set up android auto using usb.

When I got in the car this morning my suprise when it offered me android auto phone still in my pocket.

Wireless working no issues.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Birdbrainuk said:

When I got in the car this morning my suprise when it offered me android auto phone still in my pocket.

What sourcery is this?

51 minutes ago, Birdbrainuk said:

Do you have Android 11?  I've heard it supports wireless auto

On 01/10/2020 at 21:11, Birdbrainuk said:

No Android 10 running on a Huawei P20 pro with all the latest updates.

What software version do you have on your headunit?

I have a Oneplus 6 running Android 10. Having read this thread, when I got in the car today I tried to connect to the phone without using the lead. It worked! So that was £10 wasted on a new lead!

On 03/10/2020 at 07:51, FGD said:

What software version do you have on your headunit?

Android Auto version in head unit is v3.2.22 + PanasonicMIB3_v1.1.21

Edited by Birdbrainuk

All looked good to start with but now seeing a couple of issues.

1) When I get a call and answer it I can't hear the caller but they can hear me.

2) I have no data connection.  When car connects to Wifi then I loose mobile data as well.

Not sure if these are car or phone related.  Can anybody confirm if this is the same for them and state what phone they are using.

Mine is Huawei P20 Pro

Please to report that I have also got it working wirelessly with an Android.  Had to plug it in initially, to get it to recognise the phone and set itself up with Android Auto, but now it's setup I can just leave the phone in my pocket and it's happy to use my google maps, spotify etc.

Galaxy s10+ running Android 10.

You'd think between them one of Skoda or Google might want to publicise this, rather than underselling it!

Hi all, new here and found this topic.

Picked up an Octavia SEL First edition last week and loving it so far. Couple of niggles though, the main one being my phone won't automatically connect via Bluetooth. It's paired up and the phone and car find each other but I have to manually select my phone from the list on the car each time. Once done it works seamlessly for music, calls, etc. 

Any ideas? It's a Samsung note 10 on Android 10.  Skoda chat said there's issues with android 10 and Bluetooth but wouldn't expand on whether that was in general or specifically with these Columbus units.

The android auto wireless doesn't connect for me either although I wasn't expecting it to (it is a ticked option in the phone settings menu though). 

Anybody know what the latest software versions should be too? Skoda UK chat kept ignoring that request when I asked what it should be.

Thanks

• Thanks 1

Yesterday I have checked. In Updates there was an update recently about the WLAN or something. Still I cannot connect to my Xiaomi Note 10. 

Cable works. Tbh I get my phone charged and plus I am using Android Auto with Hey Google 😎

• 2 months later...

Hi, Yes I have it working with my Pixel 5.

It works pretty well, but I have encountered the following issue :

- Degraded audio quality when streaming via Android Auto (wireless) --> was solved by disabling "audio via USB" in developer mode (trick found on Reddit)

- When answering a call from the Android Auto interface on the car touch screen, the sound is not put on the car's speakers. --> workaround is to answer to call from the car's interface (in my case, I use the steering wheel to answer the call and it works).

On your Pixel 5, did you check the settings in Android Auto app ? There is a specific function to enable the wireless connectivity for Android Auto. You can also try to connect it by using the "connect a car" function from the app (instead of trying to do it from the car).

Happy to provide you with any assistance.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

I don’t know for Octavia, but for Scala / Kamiq, you need the following requirements:

Android Auto wireless is compatible only with software version 0270 and hardware H22. These specifications are available on model built after week 48/2020.

2A81BA4A-5139-48ED-943C-26410C9BBCFA.thumb.jpeg.7e32da03ff6b9b86966e4f147ea91ea0.jpeg

Here are the minimum requirement regarding wireless Android Auto https://support.google.com/androidauto/answer/6348019?hl=en#zippy=%2Candroid-auto-on-your-car-display-wireless

• Like 1