New Octavia tips and tricks

roo

Gadgetman,

perhaps I didn't explain myself due to my poor english. I'd like to reduce beep volume, not radio volume when parking.

I didn't find any menu voice about that.

The light dial has only 3 options. Coming from a cheaper Megàne I was quite used to "auto" lights and, strange enough, the option didn't appear on italian Skoda brochure.

Stefano

• 3 weeks later...

One more trick, if you don't like seatbelt warning chimes:

- Lift up the driver seat as much as you can and push it all the way back

- Get to your knees on the ground and look bellow the seat, putting your head as low as you can on driver's footwell

- Use the flashlight

- Look for the black shielded wire clipped to the seat from bellow

- The wire comes from the seatbelt buckle, runes bellow the seat and in the middle there is connector. Looking at the connector, you'll see wires getting out of the black shield are blue and yellow.

- First unclip the plug from the seat

- Disconnect the plug

- Job done

This will not cause any fault on the vehicle, but you're not suppose to drive without seatbelt. For me, it's for moving the car from the street to garage at the end of the day (5 metres drive).

Might be usefull for Taxi drivers as well.

One more trick, if you don't like seatbelt warning chimes:

This will not cause any fault on the vehicle, but you're not suppose to drive without seatbelt. For me, it's for moving the car from the street to garage at the end of the day (5 metres drive).

Might be usefull for Taxi drivers as well.

Nice tip, but I'm afraid U should ask your dealer if that operation wouldn't deactivate driver's airbag too :(

p.s. ... if U disconnect the plug and are not wearing seatbelt - does the red light and the "fasten seat belt sign" in the dash is on?

p.p.s. ... guess mine seatbelt buckle is broken, 'cause lately I have lots of warning chimes while driving (usually on turns or braking) even if I'm wearing a seatbelt :(

Nice tip, but I'm afraid U should ask your dealer if that operation wouldn't deactivate driver's airbag too :(

p.s. ... if U disconnect the plug and are not wearing seatbelt - does the red light and the "fasten seat belt sign" in the dash is on?

p.p.s. ... guess mine seatbelt buckle is broken, 'cause lately I have lots of warning chimes while driving (usually on turns or braking) even if I'm wearing a seatbelt :(

So, this would be perfect solution for you.

No, there is no warning red light on dash.

Airbag connector is on the other cable. This one runs only from buckle and is not connected to Airbag plug. If there was any connection of airbag lost, there would be an airbag warning on dash.

I have no problem with warranty, as when car goes to dealer I'll just plug the cable, 5 sec. job.

to be fair, i doubt the dealer would even notice it was unplugged unless it came up on VAG-COM/VAS and even then i think all they'd do is plug it in and not even mention it

I agree. I doubt VAG-COM/VAS would show any fault, as unplugging the cable is the same as having seatbelt put on. Inside the buckle there is a little switch that is switched on if seatbelt is not on. As soon as you put the seatbelt on, the switch opens so it is the same as it was unplugged.

Has anyone found, or does anyone know of a better translation for the Climatronic Display Settings, instead of that Spanish effort?

Can`t we just start a list and the good people here on Briskoda just add the things they know for sure??

I can start:

Main19:

0:Actual speed (km/h)

1:Actual speed (Mp/h)

2:Engine temp. (˚C)

3:Engine RPM

4:Aircon compressor RPM

Main23:

0: Dashlights(you adjust the strength of the light from 30 to 100%)

ArvidG

• 4 months later...
Is this a tool only available to skoda dealerships? Excuse my ignorance!

Skoda dealership has it, it's called VAS. Few of us have it from RossTech and it's called VagCom. It's bit expensive but you may ask for a help from some member with VagCom living close to you.

If you're interesting in buying one:

Ross-Tech: Home

There are european distributors for that tool as well.

Also, there is forum on Briskoda that has a lot of useful things and the map of members with VagCom and their location:

Diagnostics & VAG-COM General Motoring Discussions - Diagnostics & VAG-COM at BRISKODA.net - BRISKODA - The Skoda Forums

My octavia keeps locking the doors when I drive (especially irritating for me as a taxi driver). Is ther any way of disabling this *feature*?
Or if you have Maxidot you can enter into a Convience menu IIRC and change it yourself. Original maxidots don't have it....like mine :)

My octavia keeps locking the doors when I drive (especially irritating for me as a taxi driver). Is ther any way of disabling this *feature*?

I think you have 'Anti Hijack' enabled and as already said, quite easy to alter with VagCom or VCDS as it's now called. :thumbup:

anybody noticed that when you pull the windscreen whiper towards you (to whipe with water) the climate changes to recirculation mode for a few seconds ?

it stops the smell of the wash screen getting into the car. it will also do the same when you stick it into reverse to stop the fumes getting sucked in.

easily done, its the option to lock doors over 15mph

Not sure this has been spotted before, but my vRS has reversing sensors and when selecting reverse, the sound level of the ICE drops so you can hear the sensors beep. Nice touch...

Worked with my Stream radio complete with graphics display of what was happening behind me, but not with MFD2, no graphics, no sound reduction - no PDC vol option in settings on the MFD2.

My car has anti hyjack enabled and also 1 click drivers door/2clicks all doors unlocking via the remote.

With anti hijack enabled (or in BMW speak 'drive away locking') if you unlock the car with 1 click on the remote, only the drivers door unlocks. then when you get to your destiination, take the key out, ONLY the drivers door unlocks.

But,

If you unlock the car with 2 clicks of the remote control, unlocking all doors and boot, when you stop and take the key out, ALL doors and boot are unlocked.

Took me a few days to work out what was happening!

Sorry for the silly questions, I'm new to this.

a) I do not have a remote key fob, so no progress there

B) Where do i find out which connector I need ?? CAN?? there are some compatiable cables on ebay, are these any good and will they work with an 06 skoda octavia II?

Thanks for your patience :)

Al.

Sorry for the silly questions, I'm new to this.

a) I do not have a remote key fob, so no progress there

B) Where do i find out which connector I need ?? CAN?? there are some compatiable cables on ebay, are these any good and will they work with an 06 skoda octavia II?

Thanks for your patience :)

Al.

I don't think the ones on ebay work with octy 2's.they are for earlier cars. You need VAG-COM as posted earlier at a cost of £200+

Depending where you are, somebody on this forum might have it who is local to you. VRStu programmed mine recently when we met up at the recent rolling road meet in Kent. (thanks again Stu)

Mike

• Like 1

• 7 months later...
Here's a really weird one I discovered tonight - if you come to a stop and turn off the engine, leaving either of your indicators flashing, when you open the driver's door you'll hear the "boing" noise as if you've left your lights on... in fact you have!

Leaving the indicator stalk "on" enables the sidelights on just that side of the car, as parking lights... why would you ever want just one side?!:rubchin:

That's if you're parking in a dark road you can leave just 2 lights on - those on the inner side of the road - instead of all four, saving the battery.

This is an old VAG feature ...

BTW: there are some goodies here, but most of the stuff is in the manual. RTFM :-)

Can you answer this one please.........When I got the octy LE I noticed that the car locked its self after 30seconds even the windows closed which at the time thought at the time...thats neat. Anyway if I left the keys in the boot and the car locked its self I would be knackered...paniced abit because it wouldnt be the first time I have done it....play about abit...yes I know but just had too...managed to disable the function, however if I did want to use this self-locking system again how would I do it..........read the manual cant find anything.

Can you answer this one please.........When I got the octy LE I noticed that the car locked its self after 30seconds even the windows closed which at the time thought at the time...thats neat. Anyway if I left the keys in the boot and the car locked its self I would be knackered...paniced abit because it wouldnt be the first time I have done it....play about abit...yes I know but just had too...managed to disable the function, however if I did want to use this self-locking system again how would I do it..........read the manual cant find anything.

Let your car is armed. If you disarm the car and do not open a door or the boot, the car will arm itself after 30 seconds.

But if you open a door or boot, the car would not go arming itself.

---

Pay special attention when using the middle button for accessing the boot!

Do not leave the keys inside - when you close the boot the car will arm immediately!

Did you press the boot open on the remote leaving the other doors unlocked?. When you shut the boot afterwards the car will re-arm. The only two solutions are to be more careful where you leave your keys, or just unlock all the doors instead.

The only other way to do it is if you press the lock button before shutting the doors (does not work on drivers side). As has been said above, if you unlock the doors on the fob the car re-arms and locks the doors if no one opens the doors after 30 seconds

• Like 1