Resetting one touch windows

Tech1e

Should your vehicle lose its one touch setting follow these simple steps, same applies for each window.

Step 1. With the window in the fully up position pull and hold the window switch into the up position again, you should hear a small click from the motor.

One touch is now set for that window.

Have a nice day

R

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 8 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

From the manual:-

"Turn the key in the lock of the drivers door into the closing position & hold it there until all of the windows are closed.

Release the key.

Insert the key again & turn it to the closing position for about 3 seconds."

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
I dunno if i'm doing somthing wrong, or perhaps its just busted.

I had a similar problem, the drivers window would open all the way with one touch, but not close (even after doing both of the suggested 'resets') it now does work sometimes, if you pull the switch up very hard, possibly a worn switch?

• 4 months later...

are you talking about one touch from the inside controls or one touch from the remote?

I tried what I've read here, didn't work, the remote still has to be pressed all the way in order for the windows to go up completely

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I have a fabia ll purchased nov 2007 and my windows just started playing up.

I just have front electric windows. Faults as follows:-

Passenger side one touch not working.

passenger switch on drivers side not working at all but very occasional start to work and stop again.

Driver side one touch not working 90% of time.

Have tried all the reset techniques which seem to start driver one touch working but then stops again very quickly.

Have rung dealer and as I live a distance away am going to try and call in when in the area so they can put it on diagnostic machine.

Any ideas?

• 4 weeks later...

My front passenger window will work one-touch up and down, but the drivers window will only work one-touch down, not up. I've tried the above reset procedure but without success. I'm not over concerned with it, but if anyone knows what the problem is I'd be grateful......

• 2 weeks later...
My front passenger window will work one-touch up and down, but the drivers window will only work one-touch down, not up. I've tried the above reset procedure but without success. I'm not over concerned with it, but if anyone knows what the problem is I'd be grateful......

Could be dirty contacts on the switch board, I took mine apart and cleaned them and have fully functioning one touch up/down on both windows now for the first time since I owned the car :thumbup: Was a 10 minute job I can do a pic guide today if I get time.

Ok here is a guide to removing the window switches for cleaning. I have not shown the cleaning process as I had already done this before these pics where taken but it is simple enough to do.

Tools I used:

Large flat screwdriver, Small flat screwdriver, T7 torx driver, Philips screwdriver. Also electrical contact cleaner and a cotton bud.

l_f98f00da0fdb4b2874a8e5238639aa98.jpg

Insert flat screwdriver here and prise out handle

l_9ed956c7fa38f694b440460a8bd53278.jpg

As shown here

l_a2ece2cd72467324bd51b4dd41d0e935.jpg

Insert screwdriver under handle surround and pop upwards to unclip the repeat other side until all clips are released.

l_cb38398590c179dd0422b10a74137d5d.jpg

Unplug wiring connect and remove handle assembly

l_b093fbcbf86da6299816e2f5e7b22101.jpg

What it looks like underneath. Remove 3 philips screw, 1 at top, 2 at bottom of switch housing.

l_91b612ecf70751a560a4b6723f206a84.jpg

Topview removed

l_a73acf45b1ae5fdda3311fbd8fbba2fe.jpg

Next remove the 7 T7 torx screws

l_c326181637ae27dfd01edfc0d6f7842f.jpg

removed

l_2dc59db837d403c6bf56d10a4c75dec0.jpg

Locate the 4 retaining points on the casing and lever out with a small screwdriver

l_a6ca436b9ad6a1f972c524fea1d4d102.jpg

To reveal the board

l_e4960bb07797af92a17602538bd5f2b4.jpg

Carefully lift out the board. The white pins below may stick to the silicon skin when it is removed, note their position and relocate them if this happens

l_9790dba429e752467eaab0cd296e7420.jpg

Topview of circuit board with skin on

l_6db0f8f52e7b6765982a3c397a8c599c.jpg

Carefully peel the skin off to expose top of board that needs cleaning

l_9010b42b52ed52f59458cd784a1c48b7.jpg

I smothered the board on both sides and skin on side shown in electrical contact cleaner and let dry

l_8b135e3a73015a148f06b0d756665950.jpg

These S connectors are the contact points for the 1 touch and whilst the board was wet I used a cotton bud on these to give them a proper clean

l_59d6c5c87c335fb16a4b3cce1ad78fc9.jpg

Let everything dry completely before reassembley and installation.

Hope that helps with your one touch problems as it did mine :D

• 1 year later...

Should your vehicle lose its one touch setting follow these simple steps, same applies for each window.

Step 1. With the window in the fully up position pull and hold the window switch into the up position again, you should hear a small click from the motor.

lock car and immoboliser with remote control but leave front windows open

Shut the windows by inserting key in driving door lock turn cllockwise to close windows

One touch is now reset.

From the manual:-

"Turn the key in the lock of the drivers door into the closing position & hold it there until all of the windows are closed.

Release the key.

Insert the key again & turn it to the closing position for about 3 seconds."

I'm having no luck with these - seems like the problem is somewhat deeper. It was suggested I disconnect the battery and then try the resetting procedure - but I'm reluctant to do that in case something else goes wrong.

At one point the windows weren't working at all - then they were both working manually from their respective door switches - now the passenger door one's stopped working again...

• 5 months later...

Have a nice day

R

Nice one mate, thats exactly the same process as the new jaguar/range rovers believe it or not :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

The "hold the switch" didn't work for me.

The manual that came with my car - dated 05.05 - has different text to the downloadable PDF manual - dated 05-07:

My manual states:

Operational faults

Automatic closing or opening does not operate

If the battery of the car has been disconnected and then reconnected, the automatic closing and opening function does not operate. The system must be activated. Proceed as follows in order to re-establish the function:

• turn the key in the lock of the driver door into the closing position and hold it there until all of the windows are closed,

• release the key,

• once again insert the key and turn it into the closing position for about 3 seconds.

The PDF manual states:

Operational faults

Electrically operated power windows do not operate

If the battery of the car has been disconnected and then reconnected, the electrically operated power windows do not operate. The system must be activated. Proceed as follows in order to re-establish the function:

• turn the key in the lock of the driver door into the closing position and hold it there until all of the windows are closed,

• release the key,

• Once again insert the key and turn it into the closing position for about 3 seconds.

So this suggests that at some time during the 2 year interval the electronics were changes so that on later cars the windows don't operate at all? Why otherwise would they change the text I wonder?

For people having intermittent problems try taking out all the relevant fuses, cleaning them, then ensuring they're fully and properly inserted. Mine turned out to be a loose dirty fuse...

• 10 months later...
  • 11 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Thanks. Worked perfect for me, skoda fabia 1.4 8v petrol 2003...I knew they was working when I test drove the car! Bought it, got back home, put a new battery on it, and the 1 touch stopped, scratched my head for a week, blaming the car dealer etc etc, found this post, done the key thing and they started working, I was amazed!

Now I just got to watch the wife doesn't break the passenger window switch totally, by keep playing with it LOL