Motorline Skoda (Dartford)

Carl VRS

• 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Had a look there a couple of weeks ago. It was like pulling teath!! The bloke who delt with me and Mrs Stig was slow in everything he did, we were in there for about 45 mins and didn't realy achieve anything. ( He noticed the Briskoda sticker on the car and my fleece and wanted to know what all the website details after I gave a brief run down as to what we are all about ) He did e-mail me a some details of a car, but i had allready paid the deposit on my new Octi by then.

The other sales person was on the phone to a customer while we were in there and it must have been a " Sorry, we don't want to take the enquiry any further " call as he slammed the phone down on his desk and started swearing under his breath! Luckily for him, Little Stig was out of ear shot or I would have " had words " :mad:

We left there as fast as we could :(

• 1 year later...
  • 8 months later...

Had a look there a couple of weeks ago. It was like pulling teath!! The bloke who delt with me and Mrs Stig was slow in everything he did, we were in there for about 45 mins and didn't realy achieve anything. ( He noticed the Briskoda sticker on the car and my fleece and wanted to know what all the website details after I gave a brief run down as to what we are all about ) He did e-mail me a some details of a car, but i had allready paid the deposit on my new Octi by then.

The other sales person was on the phone to a customer while we were in there and it must have been a " Sorry, we don't want to take the enquiry any further " call as he slammed the phone down on his desk and started swearing under his breath! Luckily for him, Little Stig was out of ear shot or I would have " had words " :mad:

We left there as fast as we could :(

Was just looking them up out of interest as we went here for a test drive but bought elsewhere. This sounds very much like my experience!

The sales guy was slow, unhelpful, and either didn't understand or wasn't interested in what we actually wanted. Got a bad "gut feeling" about it so we walked away and bought elsewhere.

Front desk staff were really nice though and I've heard good things about the servicing department!

• 2 months later...

Bought new and had issues with them changing from variable to fixed then telling me its Skoda policy said I want it changed BACK and they were wrong, I had to point out the long life oil from factory etc and they plugged in and said thats it done. Car was new so I left it a few weeks to settle but the maxidot didnt add up still looked like fixed and it was called back and guy went to talk to mechanics and would call me back in 30 min.... ITS BEEN 6 MONTHS STILL WAITING MOTORLINE!!!!!!!!!! The Skoda dealers I went to after they didnt bother to call me back called them thieves for setting it to fixed and were shocked! Also brand new car was supplied with fuel light on that's just rude! Your first drive and thoughts in a new car shoulnt be will I ake it to nearest service station! Have lost business because of this from 3 customers who have asked me about my experience and then gone elsewhere and another 2 about to be lost for same reason. I can assure them their will be more!

I was a long distance customer and I am fairly sure thats why they didn't give a damn after I paid for car in full with no finance of part ex I was a dream customer indeed. :wonder: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown:

• 1 month later...

I have had my 57 reg Octavia vRS for 3 years, I didn't buy the car from Motorline, same experience as above, but have had it services there ever since. The service desk are always helpfull, keep me informed of progress and (i thought i would never say this) never feel robbed when i leave. For a main dealer the service is honest and good value, other brands and even garages could learn a thing or to from Motorline Skoda. Well done!!

• 4 months later...

I had my 53 Octavia VRS cambelt and waterpump done at Motorline Dartford yesterday and can honestly say I received some of the best service I have ever experienced in their service department. They also found the auxiliary belt tensioner shot and still managed to get and fit it and still have it ready on target. Well done to everybody invoved.

• 1 year later...

My car went in on Friday just gone to have a few bits looked at. I was told I could drop the keys off at 8am, I got there at about 7:50 and saw 2 guys standing outside at the entrance which told me where to park - wow I thought. Walked in to drop the keys off and the guy had my file ready. No problems at all going through all the issues and making sure they had the correct number for me.

When I went to pick up the car found it had been washed and hoovered inside, great! The service manager walked out with me to the car, made sure I was happy and waved me on my way.

Brilliant customer service and will definitely be taking my car back there in future.

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...

Changed my mind - have tried to get my car booked in at Motorline Dartford this week and once used their online form - got ignored. Phoned them twice, was told they are busy they will call me back, still waiting. Am going to try Beadles Maidstone instead.

• 8 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Dropped in there today in search of a replacement locking wheel bolt key, having had absolutely no luck with various breakers and tyre fitters. Not helped by the fact that since the key was missing I had no idea of the code, gave them a ring and popped down. Very helpful guy on parts dept., came out with 5 cases of master keys and identified the right one quickly. Ordered up and delivery promised withing 3 days, and cheaper than an equivalent one on eBay so quite happy.

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

Where to start with this place, everyone has there own opinion on things but ill let you make your own mind up from my experience just bare with me its a bit long.

Me and the other half went to look at what cars they had this time last year we were interested in the fabia vrs so had a look around and the only one they had was the rallye green but had a white roof which looked horrible and we wasn't interested. we asked if we found another one through the used car section on the skoda website could it be sent here from another dealership they said possibly, we found one but the dealership wasn't prepared to transfer it to motorline fair enough so we got to talking about the green vrs and this is were all our problems began.

Now i am the buyer of the car but once other people starting getting involved the salesmen decided to take it upon himself to completely bypass calling me and discussing things and updating me on things instead was calling the other half's dad and discussing options with him now me being the buyer you would think the salesmen would say sorry i have to speak to the buyer but NO!!!. what we was aiming for was if the roof color could be changed from white to black we could talk about going ahead with the buy. So we pop in sit down and discuss the roof and the salesman said what we will look at is wrapping the roof in vinyl and i said to him no not an option not vinyl wrap it must be a proper job so off we went to await a call, after a few days in we go again no call and the salesman was off so we were approached by the manager started to talk to him and to my surprise i have already bought the car apparently so i told him i haven't bought anything i haven't even decided if we want it yet told him about the vinyl wrap and he was disgusted that the salesman even suggested it so we got down to it and he agreed if we want that car then he would be more than happy to send it off to have it done in metallic black so we agreed yes fine. so we sold our car put the deposit down and got given a courtesy car until out car came back i thought ok that's nice a car for a week insured for a week these guys aint to bad after all how very wrong.

The car came back we went in to look and noticed one of the reversing sensors had been pushed in asked if that would be fixed before we take it they said yes it will go through our garage and have a once over before the car can go, so in we go cars all clean and shiny new metallic black roof reversing sensor fixed all good until about a month later. We hear a rattle noise so we go in an tell them they say no problem we will get it booked in an have a look at it so car booked in go to drop it off and get told take the master tech out for a quick drive just point it out to him he hears it said to me that's not right we will sort it so in it goes few days later get a call come pick the car up we haven't managed to find what the problem was we will have to book it in again so go get he car about 2 weeks later cars booked back in this time they wanted to replace the clutch to eliminate that as the noise in it goes new clutch car comes back ring up a week later as i was told to noise still there car gets booked back in.

Now with the biggest source of information at my finger tips i took to the internet which is when i was 1st introduced with brisokda.net read a few posts of similar discussion and took my findings in with me now for those of you that think the service manager is a nice guy his thoughts on this website is in his words " information on brisokda.net aint worth a toss and he wouldn't entertain them" now my opinion is if even one of you guys on here had the same situation as me and it got fixed then that information is worth something..... anyway they had a proper skoda tech coming in to do some update to the ecu for the gearbox that was done noise still there and finally told that's a characteristic of the car and with more digging it seems like this is a valid thing so no problem accepted.

few months later a whole new noise came along so in it went took a mechanic out straight away it was heard and in it went came back and i was told 4 other people have drove the car but he needs the master tech to hear it so i suggested that instead of me taking someone else out and other people driving the car round that have no need to just send the correct person out the 1st time so i got the car and we agreed that when the weather gets better and the noise is more repetitive we will look again no problem off i went, now with the 1st 24hrs of driving it i noticed the car seemed a hell of a lot more responsive had a better pull and just seemed as if something was done so a month or 2 passed and more problems were coming up the noise was slowly coming back my reversing sensors were cutting off randomly for days so i was ready to drive back down an book back in now the day i set out to drive down i walked to the car an noticed 1 of the sensors had fell into the bumper and was hanging out the back so i got on the floor to pop it back up in the bumper so it doesn't drag on the floor and if you remember earlier i mentioned one of the other sensors had the same problem this was what i found to be there professional fix from a main dealership.

1.jpg

So with this i called skoda uk and started a official process and the customer service rep that i spoke to had the cheek to say to me "well what do you expect" so i went to the dealership and spoke to them and the service manager told me that was not done there even though they are the only ones who have worked on my car.

we discussed the noise and the service manager told me hes wasted alot of time and money on my car trying to fix it and he has to draw the line and say no more now to me, seeing as im still in warranty (at least i was a day ago) its kind of a o choice situation and they must fix a problem that exists and seeing as a mechanic had already herd the noise they know i wasn't just hearing things so we stood there and chatted for a bit and i said the last time the car was in it came back better but slowly slipped back and to me the noise sounds like drive shaft / cv joint area he jumped straight in and said with that take it somewhere else and he cant do it anyway because my warranty run out on the monday an he never had any bookings till the thursday but little did he know i knew the rules on that one so i left without causing any problems and rung my contact at skoda uk and she wasn't best pleased at attitude from the service manager the fact that he fobbed me off and the bare face lie that he could not do it within the warranty and for anyone out there that needs to know as long as you car is booked in to the garage before the warranty has expired and the job card created the garage has 1 month to undertake repairs under warranty. My car was booked in on a friday afternoon to saunders abbott in sidcup dropped off on the monday all under warranty and awaiting findings and repairs. even they sad that motorline hasn't got the best reputation and its not the 1st time they've hear things about them. 

So although it has been a long read i thought i mite as well give everyone a full run down from start to finish of the poor service the disgusting attitude and the half assed repairs with brown parcel tape that they class as professional that i have experienced and also there views on this website which in my opinion is a great place for advice from others experience with there cars. i would personally avoid this garage and if the problem is diagnosed and repaired then i have already informed skoda uk that this will be taken further and motorline will face what ever consequence is due for the crap that i have had t deal with and they totaly agreed as they are not happy that a garage representing skoda lies and cheats in there name

Again its been a hell of a long post but i hope this gives people a better insight into motorline but i will say that yes the car always came back washed and hoovered lol. 

• 3 months later...

We bought our little Citigo from here - the senior salesman, Tony, should be avoided at all costs. We had to chase for order number, build week etc, eventually getting these from Skoda UK CS. Even closer to delivery updates were few & far between. In the end we asked to have someone else to deal with us, namely Lorretta and to be fair she was a whole lot better. Because we were without a second car they did prep and get her ready for handover very quickly - as we were pushing them I was prepared to overlook the dodgy finish on the car and accepted my mistake in paying for the paint protection.

With the mixed experiences I was hoping that it was a case of one bad salesperson making a bad impression. However, when I started pricing up for our Yeti I called twice asking for prices and lead times - to this day I still haven't received a call back. This reinforced my initial impression with Tony - they are doing you the favour by selling a car to you. I would rather drive further to deal with a professional dealer than go there again for the "convenience". 

• Like 1

• 6 months later...

Was a service customer here for 5 yrs but no more!

Last MOT and brake fluid change (27th Feb 2015) they washed my car without my consent and scratched every panel.

Service manager refused to accept ANY responsibility stating it is "normal" and even "new cars have swirl marks" a few of his choice remarks!

Needless to say, I am taking this further as they have NO respect for customers if you complain. After being a customer for 5 years, he thinks I am trying it on!

Couldn't be further from the truth!

Use at your own risk

• 2 years later...

Just to say motor line have moved and are no longer on princess road

The Bridge Business Park

Rennie Drive,
Dartford, Kent,
DA1 5FD (Full map)

they are now here.

Used them a couple of times and found the service department very good, and thats from some one in the motor trade.

Edited by Ju1ian1001