Allams Skoda - Epsom..

DGW

A real pleasant experience yesterday when we visited Neil at Allams,

I have a minimum of 7 dealers closer to me but I still travelled the 160 mile round trip... and I am glad we did.

No pressure sale, long test drive, knowledgeable about the produce and the best bit... a REALLY nice guy!.

OK it’s early days as all i have done is order the car, but if it all goes to plan as Neil explained (weekly updates etc) then this is going to be a pleasant wait. 

• 2 months later...

OK an update on this, 

We collected the car on Saturday and nothing has changed ... a really pleasent experiance  with a nice relaxed handover (took something like 2 ½ hrs from driving in to driving out)

Just about everything the car could do was explained to SWMBO by Neil, guess where we will be buying from in the future... and possibly even getting the car serviced there.

10/10 for Neil Baldwin and Allams.  :beer:  :thumbup:

• 1 year later...

Happy to report another case of good sales and service from Allams.  Partner got a good deal on PX for her old Nissan Pixo, and after a couple of test drives got a good deal on the 0% PCP offer.  Really happy with the 1.2TSi :)  Many thanks to Linda for the smooth process and keeping us informed of delivery etc

Come the frost the windscreen wash decided to stop working.  Dropped the car back to Allams (without booking) and they were able to take a quick look, diagnose a blown fuse and fix it all in a day - Sam was great and we didn't get charged which was a pleasant surprise.

A big thumbs up from me!!

• 1 year later...

Allams have today carried out the MOT, 40k service and brake fluid change on TIBET III.  Standard, excellent Allams car and customer care, as always it is a pleasure to visit.

Yeti was handed back cleaned - exterior and interior is immaculate. 

They have supplied all three of my Yetis and serviced them. They aren't my closest dealer by a long way but I can't think of any reason not to travel the extra miles for that kind of service.

PS I was also invited down there for the Kodiaq launch which was very well attended.

Just a week away from picking up my Fabia 1.2 Colour Edition, dealt with Linda, excellent service so far.

Got a good deal, and Linda has been great, no pressure sales unlike my experience at a large Audi dealers in London (that was a 2 hour procession of sales, finance, dealership managers) pushing for a sale.

Dealing with Allam's has been a great, everyone I have had contact with has been polite and friendly and a pleasure to deal with.

Have already done 95% of the handover today, as having worked for a car dealership before I know manic the first day of new reg's will be and Linda was obviously happy to get the handover done prior to 1st March, so all I have to do it walk in drop my car off and pick, up the new one.

It seems that I may have unlucky with this dealer - I purchased my MY16 Octavia 1.4 TSI from them even though they refused to provide the long road test that I had originally reserved - in fact it took an intervention from the sales manager before the salesman would allow me even a short test! This was for a cash deal! notwithstanding this, I went ahead with the purchase and I took delivery in early November 2015, but had to return the car a number of times for a problem with the auto stop-start system - first diagnosed as a faulty alternator ( no parts currently in stock) which I then had to take the car in again for them to recheck the correct unit before ordering. The problem was not fixed with the replacement alternator - so the dealer then said that the battery was faulty (this was on a car only a few months old) Back in it went for the "new" battery, although I wish that I had made a note of the serial number because I'm not convinced that the battery was in fact new, they had not even bothered to wipe the dust off the top of the replacement battery, which looked exactly as if it had been sitting in the engine bay from the original delivery date. Allams were also not at all helpful when I inquired about having a few minor software updates in the VCDS options - they claimed that the changes I was requesting were "not possible" when I know for a fact that they all are. To top it all off, on the day I picked the car up after the battery was supposedly changed, there was a fresh scuff mark on one of the front wings - which to be fair, was polished out by one of their staff after I pointed it out. PS. the stop-start issue has returned this winter, but I have invested in a smart charger in order to properly identify if this "replacement" battery is also faulty so that I can make another claim while it's still in warranty. The whole issue caused me to lose trust in this dealer, so I do not now use them for servicing.         

Edited by Warrior193
addition.

Warrior193 - obviously I can't comment on your personal experience. It certainly sounds like you were 'unlucky' and very different to my extremely positive experiences of Allams (sales and service) for nigh on 8 years on a Fabia vRS and three Yetis. 

Regarding the VCDS settings - I know I've seen it said that a dealer cannot do some of the things VCDS can do and vice versa. Allams kindly coded my tail lights to be 'on' with the front DRLs (FOC) - something that isn't possible with VCDS. 

• 1 month later...

James is no longer there, in fact he left to go to Saudi about 4 years ago. However the level of customer car from the sales department is still very good. I bought my current Yeti from there and dealt with Linda Feast. Excellent deal and painless transaction for me although not for Linda as her horse had recently trodden on her foot!

Fred

Just collected our second top of the range Citigo from Allams. The handover of the first car was getting tedious as Skoda Finance (on the phone) were insisting I pre-pay the MOT (not due till next month) and retain insurance cover for several more weeks. This was hardly convenient as the cover was being transferred from old car A to new car B.

At this point Linda Feast, seeing me getting frustrated, took the phone, agreed the final payment with them, and told them she would buy our Skoda there and then. Boom! Linda to the rescue... :)

Her foot was feeling better too.

• 1 month later...

Totally understand Warrior193, service very mixed. Would point out though Russell is good, as is Sarah who always follows up quickly after a visit and gets things fixed for me. Used to have cars serviced at Putney but now a Honda dealer so service is limited. Not much choice left. 

On 5/29/2017 at 08:10, SteveC said:

Totally understand Warrior193, service very mixed. Would point out though Russell is good, as is Sarah who always follows up quickly after a visit and gets things fixed for me. Used to have cars serviced at Putney but now a Honda dealer so service is limited. Not much choice left. 

Hi Steve, have you tried Norton Way Skoda in Wandsworth? They are a Honda Dealer, but are also licensed for Skoda service and repair.   

That's what I'm calling Putney, sorry not my area. Used to be HL Austin. Great service, but once they became primarily Honda their Skoda service was down graded and they subbed work out to Allams. On that basis I decided to go to Allams direct as its nearer me.

On 5/30/2017 at 20:35, SteveC said:

That's what I'm calling Putney, sorry not my area. Used to be HL Austin. Great service, but once they became primarily Honda their Skoda service was down graded and they subbed work out to Allams. On that basis I decided to go to Allams direct as its nearer me.

Hi Steve, now that's very interesting - I shall ask Nortons if that's what they plan to do with my car when it's due in for the next service. I do know that the recent off-side mirror repair was done in house though.

• 7 months later...

Thumbs up for Allams service Dept, never had to go back because something wasn’t fixed probably, pricing is fair (not in the stratosphere like some of the fringe London premium brands), helpful, and car gets cleaned.

Just had a while you wait repair job, free coffee, and a chance to look over 2 karoq  in showroom.