Meadens SKODA - Brockenhurst

DGW

New Superb Combi  III L&K, ten days ago. Excellent service and care. Came up with a good deal to help me save money also - and gave me a good price for my previous Superb Combi L&K (£13500 for three years and 60k miles, seeing as you ask). Even put my winter wheels and tyres on FOC and gave me the alloys for next spring. Ever so small niggle, this was a demo which hadn't even been plated, but it means they'd not yet got their heads round all the toys, and I've noted the manuals aren't terribly clear - but that isn't their issue. Worth noting their main branch is now in Brockenhurst, not Sway, and therefore two minutes walk from a mainline rail station if you're collecting or dropping a car. Big plans for a Big (warm hearted) garage. And I'd not be a return customer (and we have a Yeti) if I didn't agree with all the positive comments above. 

Our rapid that we bought got written off in August (long story and a BIG recycling truck). Anyway, the 3rd parties insurance paid out quite quickly and meadens had a blue ex-demo but it was £1000 more than what we had. I bought another in black with sat nav from another dealer over 130miles away and the following week meadens reduced the price of the blue one to the same as what the black one was up for, they missed out on another sale!

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I bought my Superb from Meadens as a 6 month old Skoda Management car two and a half years ago.

Purchase experience was very good and happy with the deal

However within 12 months  all four wheels had started to blister around the centre wheel boss (common VAG problem I later discovered)

Contacted Meadens Warranty Manager who tried to fob me off with any number of silly excuses eg winter salt/kerbing etc etc

His suggestion was for me to buy a new set of wheels at over £1,000 whilst mine were away having 'Independent Analysis'

They would look at replacing the wheels FOC if the 'Independent Analysis' proved there was a manufacturing fault.
I contacted Skoda Warranty who were sympathetic but said it was up to the dealer to resolve
​Meantime I had to take my car in for a service.
​Sparshatts of Botley was nearest to me and quoted the cheapest price.
​On the off chance I asked them to look at the wheels not expecting any joy as they didn't sell me the car
However when I collected the car they told me that all wheels should be replaced under warranty and this was done the following week

So poor effort by Meadens, who started so well, and a big thank you to Sparshatts

• Like 1

• 8 months later...

Purchased my 5th vRS (5th car, 1st time using this dealer) from the Sway branch today. Easy purchase process and was kept up to date via email for things like GAP insurance activation and so on. Dealt with Tim Smith who was efficient and friendly. Went on a good test drive route in the New Forrest National Park.

The car was well presented on collection and had around 3/8ths worth of fuel in the tank. Was worth the 200 plus mile round trip and they make a cracking cuppa, which helped :biggrin:

• 1 year later...
  • 6 months later...

They have moved in 2016? to:-

Meadens ŠKODA, Sway Rd, Brockenhurst, Hampshire, SO42 7SH

General enquiries: 01590 623344

[email protected]

Have used them for first three services, all good.

Thanks AG Falco 

• 4 months later...

They let me take out a Superb 272 and a vRS Octavia 245 - on my own, with petrol in the tanks.

I decided to buy a 245 vRS - although the Superb was stunning - and wanted desperately to put the new business their way.

Sadly they weren't even in the same ball park as other Dealers on the price - knocking £300 off .... meaning they were £1,000's away from the deal I did with another Dealer who hadn't offered me the same hospitality.

Shame, but as the salesman said, they deal with the retired and selling the small cars ... they're not really interested in matching prices when they don't have to.

Great experience though and thanks for the unpressured test drives!

Edited by MrRee

• DGW changed the title to Meadens SKODA - Brockenhurst

Collected a '20' plate Octavia SE from here yesterday (01st April). A perfectly satisfactory customer experience: I found the customer service to be unhurried (in a good way) with staff who were helpful, friendly and well-presented at what gives the impression of being a well-run dealership. I was able to get a fair part exchange deal for the vehicle I traded in and the car I purchased had been thoroughly prepared inside and out with the engine being spotless. I would certainly buy from this dealership again.

• Like 2

• 4 months later...

There have been a number of comments about my local dealer Meadens. We have three Skodas, and others before, all from Meadens, and in general we rate them highly. What I do have issue with is the inefficient and dishonest Skoda HQ customer services, and the long delays for the company to fix issues (particularly and currently Infotainment system in 2020 Superb L&K which repeatedly fails). I feel guilty that I have to pile pressure onto the garage, when it's really not their fault, but they are the agent. However from me, after seven years of dealing with them, it's a thumbs up for Meadens.

• Like 2

well, apologies as not related to the subject, if there is a "review your stealers" section please move it there - >  also a Meadens (Brockenhurst) customer(bought a several months old ex demonstrator) , at my last service mentioned a couple of issues , rear brakes (rusted disks, pads only biting kind of in the  middle of the disk surface (and doing so unevenly anyway - known issue the rear break system for superb, easy to find pictured how it looks like on this forum) , a/the "master technician" concluded it is all hanky dory.  brakes half biting ?? not to worry if car manages to stop, a family car that supposed to be safe ?? not to worry, it is still safe.  it's still inside the warranty  ?? well ,you can contact Skoda UK  (me:  what for if this apparently is not a problem ). 1 of rear door not closing as easily as others , need a proper whack so needs adjusting ...well, it is a none adjustable door they say, and the issue is due to the air pressure inside the car ...hahaha, they had me there. Other doors automatically detecting no "inside air pressure" and closing nicely , that special one happens to be rocket science ...suffice to say looking for honest independents which to be fair is also hard to find ..