Murray Skoda - Newton Abbot.

DGW

And I'm going to have to give them the same thorough test I gave IML. They shut down before Xmas - I will see if my pressure does the same for this garage! :rofl:

Looks very professional and well laid out from the outside when driving by. :thumbup:

• 2 years later...

Fantastic treatment from service felt. My Furby was recovered there when by turbo decided to blow in the middle of nowhere out of Tavistock (Bere Alston). Car was out of warranty but only had 35k on the clock. The service manager was sympathetic and pushed for goodwill which I got and which saved me £1200 for a new Turbo even if I had to pay £300 in labour.Much better attitude than my dealer in Kent so big thumbs up!

• 8 months later...

Just traded in my beloved Fabia Vrs for a Octavia Vrs here, nice polite staff, Martin is the guy who sold me my new car, nice guy seemed genuine enough. Aftersales has been good. No problems with these guys at all.

• 2 years later...

OK will post my review of Murray Skoda here, they are on one site with half the site being VW the other half being Skoda, but they share teh same workshop for servicing etc

Have dealt with them for many years even in the before Skoda days and have always had a good relationship with them seems to have a low turnover of staff which is always good.

Martin Rogers is the main sales man in the Skoda side, he's been there since year dot and is a good bloke, comes across as genuine but a proffesional car salesman, knows the product overall, and you can generally have a laugh and a joke with him.

When my car arrived last year after soem delays I needed it before I went away on holiday, it was due to arrive the day before we went away, it arrived at 0830, they rang me straightaway to go and check it over, then told me to go back at 4pm to collect it, so they only had it seven hours before I took delivery, however in that time they done everything that was agreed in advance, accesories fitted, PDI, no valet as I required etc etc

Ordered my second one, with them a few months ago, been a few hiccups, but all been sorted swiftly and without hassle, just means a delay of an extra coupel of months, no issue as everything has been guaranteed, price etc regardless of when the car comes in.

Service wise, mine has been for a few odd things, always sorted with minimum of fuss, good communications from them etc

Overall, a good dealer, have and would recommend them.

• Like 1

• 10 months later...

Been staying with friends in Newton Abbot the last week. On Friday was forced to go off road by truck blocking road and straddled a big lump of concrete as a consequence. Very nasty sounding car on concrete noise as a result. Was worried there was some damage so 9.00am Saturday morning asked Murrays to have a look. By 10.00pm they had it up on the ramp and confirmed no damage. They refused any payment even though I have never been a customer and as I live in London am unlikely to ever be one.

Top marks; good people.

Edited by Richard46

• 1 year later...

Anyone know the story behind what has happened to this dealer? I notice they are just an approved repairer now and not able to do new car sales?

Their branch in Plymouth still sells Skodas though.

The Murray group here in the south west major in VW. Historically the  Newton Abbot dealership was VW only. They have had a big refurbishment this summer and seem now to sell VW motors only.

The Murray group here in the south west major in VW. Historically the  Newton Abbot dealership was VW only. They have had a big refurbishment this summer and seem now to sell VW motors only.

Thanks for the info.

Murrays Plymouth branch is the closest we have to a proper Skoda dealer in the South West really. Would be nice to see them drop the VW commercial vehicles from that site then it would be a pretty good showroom!

• 1 year later...

Anyone know the story behind what has happened to this dealer? I notice they are just an approved repairer now and not able to do new car sales?

Their branch in Plymouth still sells Skodas though.

I was wondering what is going here as well. Been poking around the stocklists of various garages and notice that Murray's (Newton Abbot) does not come up nowadays when searching for dealers in / near Plymouth. Might have been tempted to look at their Octavia stocks.

Dave

Edited by DaveHarries