The latest VCDS Release is 23.11.0 and VCDS-Lite 1.2

DGW

Oh - I'd better leave things alone for now as I took the latest update onboard this morning!

Edit:- glad I read this!

Edited by rum4mo
  • Like 1

I've just ran an autoscan on a 2015 VW Polo 1.2TSI 110PS 6MT using VCDS 16.8.2 and yes, it got as far as the first module then crashed, I restarted it and it ran okay, but initially, maybe for the first couple of modules very slowly, did it always return to the "round up or summary page" after completing each and every single module in the past - that must waste a bit of time!  The elapsed time stated at the end of the autscan was 3:00 minutes, which I thought was a bit optimistic.

It did find a EVAP incorrect flow, 14751 fault code though - intermittent - not confirmed - tested since memory clear!

This car has had a new hose fitted by VW dealer but they used a pipe clip at both ends, as the current cars and the hose indicates that only one end needs a clip, I removed the one from the EVAP valve as there is a plastic clip at that end that should clip the hose and support the valve, maybe I'll clear that fault and keep an eye on it or refit the clip the dealer fitted though there is not enough space to do it properly as the stem of the EVAP valve stops just above this the plastic clip so any additional steel pipe clip is just catching the end of the pipe stub and no more - not ideal.

I logged this on Rosstech VCDS forum as others have from here!

Edited by rum4mo

Oh I have only ever had a missing ROD file once, and Rosstech quickly sorted that out.

Now, seeing as there seems to be some issues currently, can anyone explain why I have found an EVAP Flow fault code that is 14751 - I can't find that fault code number anywhere, when I stuff that into Google all I get is the previous code for this which is 16???!

VCDS now seems to want to keep us happy as it is switching on the Infotainment system as soon as I run a manual scan on individual controllers!

VCDS now seems to want to keep us happy as it is switching on the Infotainment system as soon as I run a manual scan on individual controllers!

AFAIK that happens when it scans the CAN Gateway to build up the list of attached modules, for some reason that appears to wake up the 5F infotainment system.

• 2 weeks later...

As a newbie VCDS I thought I had something seriously wrong with 16.8.2....It just kept crashing and timing out.

Installed 16.8.1 and it's fine.

Ross-Tech have been doing some optimisation work on 16.8.2 which is showing speed improvements especially on slower laptops, this will be in 16.8.3 when that's released shortly.

• 5 weeks later...

Well it wont reset the 'service' on my Scout, it says no SRI script for this module 5K0-920-XXX-17.clb with the latest software,even tried 17-adaptation-ESI reset, and it wont let me do anything, I will have to try and forward the details to Ross Tech, cheers- Stuart

Hi James, its a 2009 FL the software VCDS must have changed as I have done it in the past, another quick one, I am having a rough tickover and I believe its fitted with siemens injectors (PD) and there is a recall to change them with a new loom is that correct ? cheers - Stuart

Thanks for the help, theres no MFD fitted so I managed to reset it with the help of gizmo's link, its fitted with UDS and was slightly different to the video so on one of the large list of options it did it, the ones that gave me values - IDE00827-ESI, TIME was 744 days, IDE00513-ESI, DISTANCE KM was 30,000km, IDE00492-MA02003-ESI, CODING of service interval extention was ESI or SID on, with an option to turn it off. some other options were ERROR channel not available.  cheers - Stuart

• 3 weeks later...