The latest VCDS Release is 23.11.0 and VCDS-Lite 1.2

DGW

On 25/05/2018 at 01:08, kentphil1 said:

Beta 18.5.0 available for download.

However:

• Beta 18.5 works only with Ross-Tech's current HEX-NET and HEX-V2 interfaces. 
    It will not work with any of our older, legacy interfaces.

Support for legacy interfaces will be included again in the next Release version.

http://www.ross-tech.com/vcds/download/beta/current.php 

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
45 minutes ago, BigDave982 said:

updated to 18.9 yesterday, anyone found anything new and useful to turn on? 2014 superb combi

It's the modules in the car that limits what can be enabled, not VCDS.

Typically a VCDS update adds support for newer modules/chassis types and bug fixes. There might be changes on label files on 4 year old modules but I doubt it'll be anything significant.

You can see what's changed between release here (although 18.9 isn't listed): http://www.ross-tech.com/vcds/revisions.php

• 4 months later...

Is it just me that thinks that VCDS has a dreadful and not very user friendly interface compared to OBDEleven?

IMHO it's an old fashioned interface that needs dragging into the 21st century and not something that looks like it comes from Windows XP or earlier.

I'd rather VCDS which is functional and works than a pretty program which piggybacks off all the work Ross Tech put into the product in the first place. Without VCDS to reverse engineer there'd be no OBD11 or Carista I doubt.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, langers2k said:

VCDS might not be flashy but I quite like it as it's simple, clear and very easy to use.

Are you expecting more functionally or graphics?

What I would like to see in an ideal world would be, something more polished, more user friendly to cater for the novices like myself. 

Maybe two modes a simple mode which hides the complex stuff and works in a similar manner to OBDELEVEN (essentially select, click and done) and a professional mode for those who have a good idea and working knowledge of the car's interface and technical side and know how to do long coding etc.

It would be really nice to have but I can't see it happening.

So basically you want to have 'one-click' style functions that'll change multiple things in the background for you rather than needing to make many individual changes?

Personally, I'm not a fan as it means it's not clear what's been changed. People have certainly had issues with similar functionally in other apps where the developer hasn't taken into account every possible scenario causing unexpected behaviour, some of which needed help from the developer to restore the original functionally.

That being said, you might want to take a look at VCDScripter - it allows you to use/create 'scripts' that will perform multiple changes much like a 'one-click' style function. The biggest difference is that you can actually see exactly what the script is changing rather than it being hidden from the user.

There aren't that many scripts yet but you can make your own for common tasks and share them :)

• Like 3

That's even worse. 😨

Hasn't anyone heardof the acronym KISS?

Keep It Simple Stupid. It applies to me you need to keep it simple for stupid people like me. I know what I want to do but don't have the skills or gumption to do it.

Edited by TheWanderer

2 hours ago, TheWanderer said:

That's even worse. 😨

Have to disagree there - Skoda have changed so many settings between e.g. 2016, 2018 and 2019 models that the OBD11 "scripts" that work on e.g. a 2016 model not only may not work on a 2019 model but they may make unexpected and unwanted changes - which since you don't know what the "script" has done are difficult to undo.

I also believe strongly in KISS, but when you are dealing with a complex system (like the multiple controllers in our cars) hiding that complexity carries risks of making a total mess up.

Better IMHO to either do your research and learn how to make the changes you want, or if you're unable/unwilling to do that to find someone knowledgeable locally who will do it for you for beer tokens.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
19 hours ago, Jeroen74 said:

Current VCDS version is 20.12, released Nov 25, 2020

There is a later update to 20.12.0.1 which includes both the new and classic versions of the Long Coding Helper.

3 hours ago, PetrolDave said:

There is a later update to 20.12.0.1 which includes both the new and classic versions of the Long Coding Helper.

Hi Dave.

I don't see this one available yet on Ross Tech's web site, but thanks for the update.

Where can you find such info, if I may ask?

Have a good evening everybody!

1 hour ago, Jeroen74 said:

I don't see this one available yet on Ross Tech's web site, but thanks for the update.

If you look at https://www.ross-tech.com/vcds/download/current.php even though it says 20.12.0, the download link is for https://dltemp.ross-tech.com/VCDS/download/M38fad/VCDS-Release-20.12.0.1-Installer.exe :)

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Jeroen74 said:

I've been a regular contributor on the Ross-Tech forum for around 15 years and have been fortunate enough to be invited to help with some of their pre-release testing (under NDA so don't ask me about it!).

• Gizmo changed the title to The latest VCDS Releases are HEX-NET CB V 0.4555, VCDS 21.9.0 and VCDS-Lite 1.2
  • 11 months later...
  • Gizmo changed the title to The latest VCDS Release is 23.11.0 and VCDS-Lite 1.2