The latest VCDS Release is 23.11.0 and VCDS-Lite 1.2

DGW

As the title says. This sticky and links will be updated whenever later releases of VCDS (including Beta versions) and/or VCDS-Lite are announced.

HEX-NET

http://forums.ross-tech.com/showthread.php?115-Current-Versions&p=36709&viewfull=1#post36709

VCDS Download

http://www.ross-tech...ad/current.html

Latest VCDS Beta Download

http://www.ross-tech.com/vcds/download/beta/current.php

VCDS-Lite Download

http://www.ross-tech.com/vcds-lite/download/index.html

Edited by Gizmo
updated

Release 704 posted 5 April 2007

Fully compatible with Windows Vista

New Service Reminder function

Support for Guided Readiness Scripts.

Optical Bus Diagnosis

Automatic Updates

Battery Coding Assistant

Ability to save and retrieve Advanced Measuring Block configurations

Enhanced compatibility with latest model cars.

New universal Installer with USB driver pre-installation.

For more details, see our Beta 702 page.

• Like 1

• 11 months later...

Auto-Update works fine on my home machine which runs Vista Business (32-bit), but we did find a machine at the office this evening on which it doesn't work, so we'll be trying to figure out why.

Work-arounds: If it leaves a file called VCUPG.EXE in the folder where you've got the software installed, you can just run that. If that doesn't work, head for the Beta Page and download and install manually.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

-Uwe-

Uwe

I've spoken with Sebastian about this before actually. With VAG-COM it did used to leave the VCUPG file and I used that no problem. Since the latest couple of Beta's with the rebrand I don't get to see the VCUPG file anymore.

OK, we've figured out that the problem is User Account Control. Automatic Updates work on systems with UAC off, but fail on system with it turned on.

Although I run my home system with that nagging b*tch turned off, I would not recommend this to everyone, so we are looking for a solution.

Please be aware that even if we find a solution tomorrow, it may take an additional update cycle for it to become effective. In other words the next update may not work automatically even if we've found a fix, because the code on your PC which is actually performing the update doesn't have the fix yet.

-Uwe-

Hi Uwe, I have UAC turned on on my laptop and I still got prompted to update this evening after a reboot.

This is with 803 and Vista Home Premium.

Not sure if that helps or not.

Ah. Looking at it now that is what appears to have happened for me.

I'm assuming it would have overwritten the directories for logs and scaling with the new install but they still contain my data.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Yes sorry Sebastian -

It's been discussed before and I believe Uwe had an idea of the cause but under Vista in some circumstances the update doesn't initialise and install following download so you have to manually run it from th Ross-Tech folder.

Ah, you mean 803.3 found it but didn't start the installation? That has been fixed in 803.4 but since the "existing" version is starting the update from 803.3 to 803.4 the problem is still there. As of 803.4 updating to future versions should work.

My laptop running XP Pro SP2 was offered an update to 803.4 at the same time that XP decided to update then reboot. After the reboot there was no further prompt to update to 803.4 so I launched 803.3 and tried via the Options button and check for releases and beta updates. The server reports no update is available at this time. Do I need to download 803.4 from Ross-Tech or will an update be offered tomorrow, ie is the check for version carried out once a day on first switching on?