Safety Recall

Brimarg

just called my local dealer on this to try and find out if mine needed to have this problem sorted and was told that the letters were sent out at the end of July and if i hadn't got one by now i wouldn't need it doing, he says that if doesn't affect all of them!

just called my local dealer on this to try and find out if mine needed to have this problem sorted and was told that the letters were sent out at the end of July and if i hadn't got one by now i wouldn't need it doing, he says that if doesn't affect all of them!

The VOSA link I posted above gives the VINs and build dates of cars effected....

RoomsterFabiaRecall.jpg

I've got the same answer! Airbag control unit's serial number has been controlled, it was not the painful one! :thumbup:

Wonder if the recall is related to EuroNCAP test results and troubles the Roomster had with activating the airbag. No notices about the recall in Latvia, though.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Not had this but did get a phone call from the dealer saying that the accelerator module might need replacing and to take it in to be checked. He looked under bonnet and said yes it was on the list and he would order the necessary part(s). When I asked what the possible symptoms were he didn't know but when I told him about the tendency for the throttle to sometimes not close right down until the clutch was depressed he said that could be it!

Almost like a slow speed cruise control.

Fred

• 3 months later...

hi all

it is my first post here.

i am from romania. i have a roomster from 2007, equiped with curtain airbags. i had no call from dealer to let me know about this problem, but that would be no surprise considering that i live in romania. what do u think about that, should i worry? maibe i should send an e-mail in czech republic

• 3 weeks later...

I bought an ex demostration Roomer3 great car but have had problems, not with the 'Air-bags' with what I dont know, nether dose Skoda, for some unknown reason as I am driving the computer on board informs me to take the car to the garage the Alternator is wrong, there is nothing amiss with the thing, or I have to return the car to the garage as the 'Muffler' needs attention, theres nothing wronge with it, it will also start flashing the lights, knocking off the power steering, at that I cannot move the wheel, the ABS is not working, I've had the Roomy3, 4 months in that time 'Skoda Road-side assistance' has been out 6 times and its been in the garage 7 times, and we still do not know if its right. The garage has done all it can do, and the help I have recieved from them has been great, they have bent over backwards to help me and I would not hesitate recomending them to anyone, as to my Roomy well it seems to be going well, but I would like to know if anyone has suffered any of these problems, I am not new to Skoda I had my Felicea 11 years without any problems just the usual tyres, battery and muffler john048

I bought an ex demostration Roomer3 great car but have had problems, not with the 'Air-bags' with what I dont know, nether dose Skoda, for some unknown reason as I am driving the computer on board informs me to take the car to the garage the Alternator is wrong, there is nothing amiss with the thing, or I have to return the car to the garage as the 'Muffler' needs attention, theres nothing wronge with it, it will also start flashing the lights, knocking off the power steering, at that I cannot move the wheel, the ABS is not working, I've had the Roomy3, 4 months in that time 'Skoda Road-side assistance' has been out 6 times and its been in the garage 7 times, and we still do not know if its right. The garage has done all it can do, and the help I have recieved from them has been great, they have bent over backwards to help me and I would not hesitate recomending them to anyone, as to my Roomy well it seems to be going well, but I would like to know if anyone has suffered any of these problems, I am not new to Skoda I had my Felicea 11 years without any problems just the usual tyres, battery and muffler john048

Well they haven't done all they can do as the problem still exists. It;s either going to be the alternator or the wiring.

Your also going to get a lot more feedback posting a thread on the specific problem rather than posting it into a Safety recall thread no one will read.

• 6 years later...