MSB Skoda - Darlington

DGW

That's where I'm picking my Octy II vRS from this week, first impressions good and one of the few dealers I contacted or visited that really seemed to want the business and accept a trade in at a (relatively) decent price.

They were not aware though that rear parking sensors are also a retro fit option and not just factory fitted only but won't crucify them for that. Will post more as and when I get the car if anyone is interested.

Cheers

Hugh

MSB have basically taken all the staff from Wilks, sales, service and techs.

I do wish the staff could be more knowledgeable though. The service guy suggested I put my Fabia VRS on variable servicing as I do17K per year. Also couldn't see the point of doing a lube only service at 6 months and service/inspection yearly. There are other examples.

Basically a good dealer though if they continue the Wilks way, same staff so..?

• 2 weeks later...

I was hoping to be able to start this thread on a positive note after some rather hit-or-miss customer service from the other Skoda dealers in the area. However, it's not to be...

I went in a week ago last Saturday looking for the bungee thingys that attach the parcel shelf to the tailgate. Eventually one of the salesmen became free and went to search for someone from the parts/service department (which resembled a ghost town). When the guy from parts emerged he was very helpful, and although the parts weren't in stock (which I expected, since it's not a normal part to want) he said he'd order them and give me a call when they came in 'probably on Wednesday'. I said that I'd probably come in the following Saturday to pick them up.

Wednesday - no call.

Thursday - no call.

Friday - no call.

Saturday - thought I might as well go and see if they had got the parts and 'forgotten' to call. Skoda dealer distinguished by tumbleweed blowing through the forecourt and the eerie whistling of the wind. Only one member of staff in evidence. He said that the parts department didn't open on Saturday and I should have rung them during the week and asked them to put the parts to one side for me to pick up. This annoyed me for two reasons:

• There was someone from the parts department around the previous Saturday and I had told him I'd probably come in the following Saturday. He didn't mention the fact the parts department was closed on Saturdays.
  • On the door it clearly states that the parts department is open on Saturday from 8:30am to 12:00 pm. Since the dealer has only been open a month I would hope that this information isn't out of date already.

Sadly, the only conclusion I can come to is that the staff are lazy incompetent sods and the salesman I spoke to was doing what appears to come naturally to salesmen and was talking out of his backside.

Suffice to say that I am beginning to have serious issues when considering where to get my car serviced since I have no confidence in any of my local dealers...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

SWMBO picked up the parts (which seems only fair seeing as they were for her car and not mine) this week. Only 4 weeks after we ordered them. Not entirely the dealers fault as they did eventually 'phone and leave a message. Unfortunately it was the day before we left for a fortnights holiday...

She didn't have anything rude to say about the service when she got back, so maybe it's better during the week...???

I just thought id let you all no about an experience i had at MSB Skoda recently. The staff were excellent compared to some dealers in the teeside area!!!! I was looking for a Octy II Vrs which i have now bought there and i can comfortably say i got a better deal than any i was offered anywhere (happy days)!!!! the car is great.

Just to add that though the service side don't have the right info always (Fabia VRS can't have variable service, but was suggested) the staff are the same as Wilks and sales were good, though it was Josh Wilkes who dealt with me.

Better deal than Derek Slack when I bought, by a few hundred ££s, that was 2 years ago though.

Its sounds like you had a bad time!!!! I think its cos they are only a "new" dealer to be fair, give them a chance i got great service. Ask for Neil Bianchi he's the sales director or a guy called Malcolm Black he's the owner they are both really down to earth blokes who will look after you whether it be sales or service. I can only speak from experience and its not many times you meet managers these days let alone owners!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

I went in there a few weeks ago as I was thinking about returning to Skoda ownership and wanted a good look at the Octy vRS. I rolled up in the S2000 but the staff couldn't have been more inept or dis-interested. They weren't interested in discussing a test drive as they didn't have a petrol one and had no idea when they'd get one in. Basically they couldn't be arsed even though I was a genuine buyer prepared to spend nigh on £20k. ******************** As for me I ended up buying a Ford!!!

Hi, i bought a car there last month and they where great. To be fair they have only been open 2 months and think some of the comments posted are unjustified as with anything new it takes time to get perfection. There are good and bad comments about all the north east dealers, i just bought from a person who i thought looked after me.

Well where do I start here? My car got recovered to them on Monday for some warranty work. Fine and dandy or so it seemed? They confirmed what the fault was and did the work. I rang up Thurs as my car was meant to be ready then and they said it would be done mid-afternoon. I started to drive upto Darlington and mr service man rang me up, my wife answered and he said I don't have a proper Skoda warranty (I do as it is with car care which Skoda use for used cars) and I had to pay!!! My wife said I have the policy number here and the guy was very abrupt and rude to her and said I don't care what he's got!!! I rang back and asked what the flip he was on about and he said they do not deal with car care and do not have an account with them?? (car care said they did have an account :rolleyes: ) I said well you need to speak to my dealer to sort this out as I have a warranty end of he said I don't have to do anything you don't have a warranty!!!! I spoke to my dealer who said huh?? and where very confused why they did the work if this was the case!!! I ended up speaking to the director of MSB as I wasn't happy with how uncooperative and rude the service guy was!!!! He was shocked at my treatment and said yes we do use car care :rolleyes: needless to say he got it sorted out!!! So basically my first impressions are not good as it took the head honcho to sort out a simple task!!! I also know that some harsh road testing had taken place as my petrol level had decreased quite a lot in a short period!!!

Shall I go back??? Hmmm in sheer desperation yes, by choice no way in hell!!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

I took my Octavia II Vrs there for it's 20k service a few weeks ago. Turned up at 8.30, as arranged. The place was, not surprisingly, empty of customers, so I thought I would be seen to promptly. I walked up to the service desk where 2 staff were sitting at desks. One was on the phone, he acknowledged my presence before continuing with his call. The other one ignored me completely and I had to stand waiting for a full 5 minutes til the guy finished his phone call and saw to me. Even when he did, I felt like just another name in his appointment book, turning up to dutifully pay my service fees.

The service was quick enough, but one of my tyres ran flat on the way home due to a badly-fitted valve cap. Schoolboy error on their part. I'll use them til my warranty expires, then I'm back to Nationwide Autocentres.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Test drove my Mk2 Octavia Vrs on Saturday and picked it up Monday night. Quick, friendly sales staff (I was actually dealt with by the owner when the other staff were busy) who gave me a good trade in on my, not missed, Fiesta ST.

Did have to take it back on Tuesday morning to have an engine management warning reset and service staff were less than enthusiatic to see me though. Still in and out in 15mins, all be it with slight confusion at the "sporadic" fault - but I didn't have time to question it!

Good to be back in a real car.

• 4 weeks later...

Been in there once for some brake pads and will never go back what a bunch of idiots! Dealers like them put people off buying into the skoda brand. Having worked in car sales there is no wonder they are getting the bad reputation that

wilks had. I wont be buying another skoda as much as i like them ( 2 pickups, 2 felicias and a vrs) I will be going back to toyota because there is a lack of a good dealer in the north east.:finger:

• 3 weeks later...

I've had two experiences of MSB so far.

1st was the MOT on my 53 plate Fabia VRS. I couldn't complain the test was carried out quickly without fuss and I was treated well by the service staff.

2nd was today when I went to trade in my Furby (:() for a used 06 plate Octy TDI. Mike the salesman was non pushy, friendly and very up front about everything and it was easy to strike a deal that suited us. He was more than happy to let me and the missus drive the car and didn't hold us to a set route.

Promised to sort some minor scuffing for me on the rear quarter of the Octy so I guess I'll update on Friday when I pick it up.

So far I'm pretty happy with them, but haven't had a any service or warranty work done by them yet. I'd be quoting them against Slacks anyhow as I've had work done there in the past with no problems.

Paul

• 3 weeks later...

I Think I Have Made A Big Mistake Using This Lot,ordered A Car For 19 Grand 3 Wks Ago Supposed To Be Delivered To Me Today,but No Car And They Tell Me They Dont Know When Its Coming,have Been Told Lies From Start To Finish,well Not Finished Yet ,see How Many More They Come Up With,i Will Give Them Another Wk Then I Will Cancel And Buy Something Else,these People Really Will Give Skoda A Bad Name,avoid Them At Any Cost And Go To Another Dealership,slacks,m/bro Or Chapmans,pickering.

Service manager helpful, however don't expect to find anyone from service department on site on a saturday as they tell me that its service by appointment only. Recently purchaced a new pre reg fabia but it was delivered with faulty airbag light on and low oil level and the usual door rattles which were put right soon after. Give them a chance to get to know their customers and see if the dealer/ customer experiance improves .

maybe i was wrong about msb,after looking into the matter further it turns out it was not their fault it was skodas,so took delivery of my car three days earlier than expected and very happy with the service i recieved from them,so it is probably worth giving them another go,the owner seems a good guy,so if you go to msb ask for malcolm,hate to say maybe i was wrong.

Edited by DGW
Reset to default formatting

I've just bought my 2nd vRS Octy. Got it at MSB & I've gotta say Malcolm & his Team are spot on.

I used to use Benfield in Newcastle but the vRS "expert" there is a total to##er.

MSB are genuine guys & I think their customer service is right where you'd want it to be... this can only be good for us, MSB & Skoda.

BTW I'll drive the 240 miles round trip from Cheshire so they can do my service too.

• 2 weeks later...

:)Picked up my Second Octavia 1.9tdi from MSB . Found the sales staff very helpful and gave me the deal I was looking for.They really want your custom.Many thanks to Malcolm (the owner) and Craig.

PS. My first Octavia was from Philip Wilks.

• 1 month later...

Having just bought two new OCATVIA Elegance Estates from this dealership, I can wholly recommend MSB Skoda. They are friendly, professional and above all very customer care focused. Nothing is too much trouble for them and they are very in getting you the right deal. If you live in the North East and buy a Skoda without paying them a visit you may have made an expensive mistake.:thumbup: