Skoda Bluetooth Phone Compatibility

12 hours ago, langers2k said:

@Keyfixer - you're trying to use some very very old info. This thread hasn't been touched for 4 years and most the folk you've quoted haven't been on the site for 10+ years. Unfortunately, http://www.octavia-vrs.com/ shut down long long ago too...

Lets start with some basics. Your profile states you have a 2002 Polo but that very much looks like an early MK2 Octavia. What have you actually tried to do, stating "The phones don’t pick up the stereo" isn't super informative or useful.

As standard, that age of Bolero doesn't include BT. Instead, it uses a separate module that's normally fitted under the front passenger seat. Please can you check for such a module and add a picture of the label.

Thanks for your reply however I’m quite new on here. And I’m simply looking for help with getting the Bluetooth function working on my mates car stereo. I wasn’t to know that this thread hasn't been touched for 4 years and most the folk you've quoted haven't been on the site for 10+ years.. I was also unaware that this site, http://www.octavia-vrs.com/ Was shut down a  long long ago too...but what does my polo have to do with this. As I’m looking for some help with getting my mates phone connected to his stereo. That has a Bluetooth mobile phone connection. And I’m looking to get both my own phone and his connected to the car stereo.   I have tried to connect my phone up to his stereo. But there is no means of a Bluetooth connection. However you appear to have answered my initial question by means of saying. Bolero doesn't include BT. Instead, it uses a separate module that's normally fitted under the front passenger seat. I will check this out later on in daylight.  Although I’m not sure what. Kind of module I’d be looking for. Is there a particular make / name / model number I’m looking for here. 

Each post has a date above it as shown below:, it's always worth checking:

image.png.bb7b182893d7ecc4dc97f174a51caf18.png

If it is an old post, then it's worth clicking on the users name which will give you some useful info:

image.png.a6540ce69303c11602f63abae2a5f24e.png

I have no idea what your mates car is as you've not said. I'm assuming a MK2 Octavia guessing from the picture but it would be great if you could confirm that's correct?

5 hours ago, Keyfixer said:

I have tried to connect my phone up to his stereo. But there is no means of a Bluetooth connection. 

I'm reading that as there is no BT related menus on the headunit and when you try and pair the phone, you're not seeing any obvious BT devices to pair to? In which case yes, its quite likely you have no BT module.

There are quite a few styles but I'll attach a few example pictures, it may be hidden under a cover or some foam:

image.png.2d16160ceafc83e64b14b082188c2461.pngimage.png.bc7af14049bebbe01d4f1dc742cfe3c2.pngimage.png.28cf9d8bcebb9d3c7066a15e2382e8a0.png

If present, it should be on the floor, under the front seats. If you move the seats fully back it should be obvious in either the driver or front passenger footwells. It should be more or less where I've circled in red:

image.png.59e4906374fd2bde91a287f360c650fe.png 

The part number should be on this list: http://wiki.ross-tech.com/wiki/index.php/Telephone_Retrofitting

• 6 months later...

Sorry if this has been discussed before but I'm having an issue with my Samsung S21 and mk2 Superb. I can pair for calls & audio fine but on reconnecting the phone only toggles on calls, it refuses to activate audio until I disconnect and repair the devices. 

Am I missing something really basic? I plan to swap the radio for an Android Auto but right now I would love to just get BT working.