Black VRS with black wheels??

nlsea

I agree, I think BLACK wheels are a little OTT.

Maybe some anthracite wheels could look better?

...and Mart you're right... black grills looks sexy ;)

I couldnt spell anthracite:) any pics anybody?

I have a black milotec grill and agree very nice:thumbup:

Anthracite wheels looks good!

Gold though... urgh no way!

I think we must have similar tastes anthracite on a black car isn't too much, although for a minute i did think about the gold but they are just too garish.

although for a minute i did think about the gold but they are just too garish.

too much scooby wannabe imo. anthracite looks good but in pics they tend to just look like there covered in brake dust.

i think silver works well on the black octy.

black make it look to nightrider esque which is 80s and thus uncool.

Just a quick explanation for the 'new' users of Briskoda who don't know the car's history... ;)

I bought that car (it's my previous octy, follow the link in my signature for my current one) from our local Skoda dealer on the agreement that they would respray those (awful) gold wheels in silver. Which they did *after* I took delivery. When I used the powerwasher a few times on the wheels, the silver flaked off, so I then brought the wheels to a proper shop, which did them in anthracite (on my request of course). In hindsight I should have stuck to silver as it does go well with black, but at least I didn't have to worry about cleaning them ;)

My car was in the 1st link and i had black spokes and silver rims but then changed to completely black for a while and currently they have a green vinyl pinstripe round the rim to brake the black down a bit,not to everyones taste i'm sure but its different:thumbup:

heres a pic with black wheels

2309233_56_full.jpg

and as they are now

2309233_64_full.jpg

• 9 years later...
  • 3 weeks later...