vibration

hi all, was sitting in my car and i noticed there is some vibration inside the vehicle...if i slowly increase the revs, the vibration dissapears.

i'm not unduly worried about it, as i can switch off my hearing aid and drive in silence hehe....but its still there at tickover....revs are normal, around 750 rpm, and when i go to slightly increase the revs the engine seems to shake a little bit before full power comes on.....other than that the engine is absolutely fine, anyone out there seem to have had the same problem with this interior vibration?

ps.....it seems to be coming from behind the steering wheel:confused:

• 2 weeks later...

Could this be airco compressor? It does cause slight vibration at low rpm. The easiest way to check is to turn the airco off.

Anyway, rpms are adjustable from vag-com, so if you have problem, change rpm.

thanks for the reply....ive tried turning off the air con off to see if this made a difference, but the vibration is still there until the revs is increased. i dont have a vag com what you call it, but in the next service i will ask them to increase the revs by a small amount and see if that eliminates the problem......regards andy

• 2 months later...

seems as if the vibration has a mind of its own......there one min and gone another time...ive resorted to playing the mp3 player loud...seems to have eliminated the noise ....but is prob still there but not noticeable ^_^