rear wipers

Its not often I drive my vrs its normally the "wifes" car...............

But today I popped out in it and only had my front wipers on but the rear one kept coming on as well,,,so once stopped I made sure the stalk was not pushed forward and it wasnt and it still bloody kept coming on...........

been sat in car for 20 mins playing with wipers and it seems to have a mind of its own

Is it just mine or is every body elses the same :swear:

This is a setting that some Octavia's seem to have activated and others not.

Despite the rear wiper being turned 'off' there is a setting that turns it on if the front wipers are on.

It was discussed recently on the Yeti forum. Can't remember if it is a Maxidot or VCDS only adjustment to turn it off.

• Like 1

This is a setting that some Octavia's seem to have activated and others not.

Despite the rear wiper being turned 'off' there is a setting that turns it on if the front wipers are on.

It was discussed recently on the Yeti forum. Can't remember if it is a Maxidot or VCDS only adjustment to turn it off.

just been in garage and found it on the maxidot so on that option I have clicked it off so will see tomorow when it probably is still raining

but cheers for that silver 1011

just been in garage and found it on the maxidot so on that option I have clicked it off so will see tomorow when it probably is still raining

but cheers for that silver 1011

This setting is not in my maxidot? Can anyone tell me more about it? Does it need enabling with vcds? If so where do I find the setting? Or is it facelift only?

Thanks.

This setting is not in my maxidot? Can anyone tell me more about it? Does it need enabling with vcds? If so where do I find the setting? Or is it facelift only?

Thanks.

took me a bit to find it you have to use the buttons on the steering wheel.... this will fetch up thelights,drls,wiper and all sorts

took me a bit to find it you have to use the buttons on the steering wheel.... this will fetch up thelights,drls,wiper and all sorts

Definitely no "Wiper" settings in my 2008 maxidot.

• Like 1

Facelift only I believe; I've never found an associated setting within VCDS coding on a pre-FL anyway.

And I find the shape of the Octy very good for keeping rain and dirt off the back window anyway, so find at m/way speeds the back window doesn't get wet even in constant rain. The estate is probably worse for it mind you.

The estate is probably worse for it mind you. . . .

Mr Dyson should have a good look at the estate. It does an incredible job of sucking up any dirt on the road and collecting it neatly on the rear screen. Having achieved this, Skoda looked for a suitable wiper mechanism. Perhaps due to a transcription error in the specification, the supplier in fact provided a cheap plastic wiper mechanism reworked from a Barby toy.

Edited by TsvRS

wife says the wiper only works when she puts it in reverse and when the front wipers are on .........

not coming on every 30 secs or so any more so job sorted :rofl: