Aux In on sat nav - DVD Player???

I know from a previous search on this site that you can get a DVD player or TV tuner to connect to the Superbs sat nav. I was wondering what the Aux connector on the back of the sat nav was. If it's 2xphono's then could a portable dvd player be put in the glovebox and connected? Probably a special connector, but just worth a query

I know from a previous search on this site that you can get a DVD player or TV tuner to connect to the Superbs sat nav. I was wondering what the Aux connector on the back of the sat nav was. If it's 2xphono's then could a portable dvd player be put in the glovebox and connected? Probably a special connector, but just worth a query

hey..quick...call the plod.....this guy has nicked me car :eek: :D

nice combination aint it ? black magic and cream leather / sat nav ,privacy glass ect ect :thumbup:

• 2 months later...

No its not phono aux on the navigation unit - to convert to phono audio and video you will require an interface cable/interface unit such as the Dietz 1213 for audio only (cable) or Dietz 1412 (interface) for video and audio unit.

No its not phono aux on the navigation unit - to convert to phono audio and video you will require an interface cable/interface unit such as the Dietz 1213 for audio only (cable) or Dietz 1412 (interface) for video and audio unit.

Any idea where I can pick one up?? Seen www.satnavsystems.com but their website says I need the 1212 for video and audio, and 1213 for audio only?? Lokking at their units, It my sat nav looks like a DX not a MFD 2

I can only echo stopan1j's response, you need an adaptor to make the correct interface.

I always find that Satnavsystems are very helpful, search for them on the www.

• 3 weeks later...
Look on the dietz site (german) http://www.dietz.biz/ENG/00000096460ce6d18/index.html to see the type required (thats where I got the unit nos from)and info look at vw units they are the same functionally' date=' then do an all country search on ebay for the dietz model required - a german ebay shop will come up sells them - as has been suggested satnavsytems also show them. I have had no personal dealings with either source. Your unit is not MFD2 on your Superb it will be the older MFD DX.

A 1212 is an audio/ video adapter also[/quote']

need more info on this as well friends.

found this on ebay...amonst others but.....

mine is the mfd dx model....

will this still fit mine....?? :confused:

http://search.ebay.co.uk/search/search.dll?cgiurl=http%3A%2F%2Fcgi.ebay.co.uk%2Fws%2F&fkr=1&from=R8&satitle=DIETZ+1412+MULTIMEDIA-INTERFACE+&category0=

found this on ebay...amonst others but.....

mine is the mfd dx model....

will this still fit mine....?? :confused:

According to the dietz site yes if you look under VW. The 1412 is specified for the VW MFD it is the same as your Skoda units as far connections go, they only have slightly different boot s/w so they display the VW startup screen, vw dealerships as POI and have blue lighting and badged VW. The navigation units are manufactured by Blaupunkt

• 4 months later...

So has anyone sorted out connecting an MP3 player via the Sat Nav?

Satnav systems say I need the 1213 connector. Just wondering if anyone has done it, how they did it, and where they brought the lead out from behind the dash.

Thanks

Rob