Opinions - LED lights a la Audi S6?

(Mods, please feel free to move this if in wrong section.)

Anyone seen the pictures of the new Audi S6, you know the one with the V10? Have you seen the strip of LED running lights in the lower bumper section?

I wondered how that would look on the Superb, in the sections either side of the lower grille. Also, how easy would this be to fit?

Any thoughts guys, or would it look rubbish?

Don't like it on the S6 as I think they look odd and don't see the point. Do they come on with sidelights? Are they on all the time, like running lights?

Steve

Don't like it on the S6 as I think they look odd and don't see the point. Do they come on with sidelights? Are they on all the time' date=' like running lights?

Steve[/quote']

Steve

Yes, they are what I believe are called Daytime Running Lights. I guess they take the place of the sidelights, I'm not really sure.

I know that some consider them distinctive on the S6. I guess I would want to see them 'in the flesh' as it were to get a proper idea of how they look. The pictures don't seem to show them too well.

I think they're just a bit too close a relation to neon washer jets than I'm comfortable with. Maybe that's it...

Steve

:rofl: I know exactly what you mean!

I guess if it was possible to make it look good, without going into that territory, then you could probably get away with it. Perhaps a diffused light rather than overtly LED, if that makes any sense at all.

Now where's our resident Hella LED expert?

All the Best

Chris

I am in Sweden at the moment, back on Monday, I will reply then.

Don't worry mate, no rush at all. It was just a thought that went through my mind after seeing it in a review of the S6.

Hope you have a good trip back.

All the Best

Chris

(Mods' date=' please feel free to move this if in wrong section.)

Anyone seen the pictures of the new Audi S6, you know the one with the V10? Have you seen the strip of LED running lights in the lower bumper section?

I wondered how that would look on the Superb, in the sections either side of the lower grille. Also, how easy would this be to fit?

Any thoughts guys, or would it look rubbish?[/quote']

hahaah...great minds think alike..When i saw that ,as well as seeing it in action by Fifth Gear guy,testing the S6 on d autobahn.I tot .hey tat would look smashing on the superb.!!"..so project Daytime running lights is underway..not easy.need to cut holes on de lower grill , wiring, etc..

oh btw, these LED lights are nothing new..many Hyundais in my areas are already using them!

Happy Dumplings WEEK!! yum!yum!

(Mods' date=' please feel free to move this if in wrong section.)

Any thoughts guys, or would it look rubbish?[/quote']

hahaah...great minds think alike..When i saw that ,as well as seeing it in action by Fifth Gear guy,testing the S6 on d autobahn.I tot .hey tat would look smashing on the superb.!!"..so project Daytime running lights is underway..not easy.need to cut holes on de lower grill , wiring, etc..

oh btw, these LED lights are nothing new..many Hyundais in my areas are already using them!

Happy Dumplings WEEK!! yum!yum!

9329.attach

9330.attach