12V from other place than cig lighter + mic placement?

nikasp

I just installed a Brodit ProClip mount and a QI-charger from a previous car. Will install a hidden bluetooth dongle behind the stereo with a two meter cable for the mic.

1) Any good advice where to put the mic? I am thinking around/through the sunglass holder in the roof and route it inside the A-pillar.

2) This would look neat with QI and BT, i.e. no cables EXCEPT for a super ugly USB-A to USB-C cable from under the handbrake all the way to underneath the phone holder. Is there any place I could get “the juice” from inside the dash so I could have almost  concealed power?

280EFA17-B62B-443D-877D-AF31BFEEA860.thumb.jpeg.be2fa6e49e7b3f19f73af378611ece19.jpeg

E12DEE2D-6257-4002-9A65-D7D93FF3521F.thumb.jpeg.c4d5028b9194ce5d0935d8465c365c84.jpeg

A bit of googling gives that I may want to tap into a non-critical fuse such as the rear windshield wiper and hide a female USB connector to plug into. Will let you know what I come up with.