?? Top list of things to be aware of before purchasing a Fabia

agb

Hi !

My compliments to the Briskoda Forum and the know how to find here!

I have my third Octy II, this one is a 2.0 TDI PD – great car! :thumbup:

I consider to purchase a second car – a Skoda Fabia Combi 1,4 68 HP, 87000 Km. 2001 model.

I have read about the troubles with water passing the seals in the doors and I have read the great guide on fabia-vrs.com – great site by the way! I haven’t had the problem in any of the Octy’s, but I had it in my Seat Toledo 99’ model years ago.

Can you help me with info about other problems I need to check before purchasing the car? – like a top X of things to be aware of? :rolleyes:

Regards AGB

• 2 weeks later...

I bought the car and I apparently got one of the models not having a swimming pool in the rear. The manual gear stick is tight - needs force to shift between 1th and 2th. Well, not an unknown problem that oil and Briskoda tricks can’t solve.

The horn doesn’t work, but that’s the dealer’s problem, as I got 6 month 100% warranty.

The car is great and I defiantly do not regret the choice.

Test drive it down a newly stone chipped road and see if you can put up with the noise of the whole car. It's the loudest car I have ever been in and the is not that great at soaking up bumps.

You may say cos it's got stiff suspension but my mates 197 is quiet and deadens bumps really well