Footrest protection

Hi.

As the winter is aproaching I was considering some kind of protection for the foot rest in the girlfriends Fabia III

I just noticed when driving it the other day that there were no protection against water and the like in this car. I have been buying mud flaps, original rubber mats and so on, but never gave this any attention.

All my previous cars have either had this alloy plate or similar, but sadly not in the Skoda.

Do you know of any aftermarket (or original) part for this. I have not found any..

I'm thinking that for DSG cars there must be some .. At least plastic because you would naturally rest your foot there..

Any advice??

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I had rubber mats in my old mk1 Skoda but they were longer I think than the 1.2 SEL carpet mats that came already fitted. I may get the Skoda rubber mats for the winter I am sure the footrest on the old car was carpeted but never found it a problem. Usually any water or melted snow stayed on the rubber mats in the footwell. Joe

I have a DSG SE Estate. The foot rest is a substantial strong plastic block, totally waterproof. When I bought the car, I ordered fabric carpets, which was a mistake because I hated making them muddy or wet, so I have taken the mats out and replaced them with the Skoda rubber mat set. I will put the unused fabric mats back in when I sell the car. I was puzzled that the rubber mat set cost twice the price of the carpets, but the rubber mats are a perfect fit and very heavy duty. Some time ago, I bought something from Lidl. It is a 'dog hammock' that is designed to sling between the head rests on the rear seats and the front seats. I do not have a dog but I use this as a boot liner. I connect it to the back seat head rests and spread it out in the boot. It is a big area of strong water proof canvas material that will completely cover the estate boot and when I tip the back seats forward, it follows them down and still covers the entire boot area. Lidl might have these in again, but you can never tell. 

I have noticed that if it is raining and the roof is wet, that when you open the door, you get a substantial dollop of water off the top of the door straight onto the driving seat. This is not optimum.

I never realised till I looked the foot rest on my car is a plastic block I am sure it was carpeted on my old mk 1 I have had the odd wet arm from water off the roof. Makes a change from water coming in from the failed inner door seals on the older models :) Joe ps how much are the rubber floor mats.

Hello JP, here is a link to the mats I bought...

http://www.theskodashop.co.uk/category/Fabia_2015_,b.html

They are 'Floor mats (rubber) (front)' and 'Floor mats (rubber) (rear)' i.e. two separate items. At £40 they are not cheap but they are excellent quality and fit well.

I got mine from the local Skoda dealer, not from the Net.

Need to say that the rubber mats are not twice the cost of the fabric mats, they are a just a little more expensive. I forgot that I got the estate rear bumper protector at the same time. I am pleased with that as well.

zup, that's really  bad. The first difference I see is that your car is left hand drive. In the UK, the foot rest is a separate block of plastic. That's going to wear out in no time. If I could not get something to put over that, I would make something my self. Can you buy 'Velcro' or similar where you are to make a protective cover? I could send you some if you cant.

Thanks, I haven't noticed this until reading this topic. I'm going to look for the rubber mats on my local vw dealer (or for whatever solution they can provide). I really liked the carpet, though...

(Argh, I hate autocorrect)

Have just got a front set of rubber mats for £24 from my local Skoda dealer. The drivers side goes right up under the foot pedals so covers a bigger area than the fitted loose mats that came with the car and are made of quite heavy rubber so looks like a good choice for the winter. Joe

Lots if good reading here. Thank you all. Actually velcro-something-thingie to put on top of the original carpeting. Too bad the Skoda rubber mats do not cover the foot rest. I have asked the dealer also.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I bought a standard VW/Skoda footrest part off eBay. It holds perfect without any need for velcro or screws, I just inserted it under the sidewall plastics.

Hey can you send us the link to the product listing on eBay ? Thanks.

I bought it for SEAT Altea last year, Part No. is 1K1 864 777 B 82V for LHD models, and cost about 10 EUR in offical importer store.

But I'm not sure is it tight enough if you mount it without screw.

Sent from my SM-N910C using Tapatalk

Edited by Markkoni

The one I bought is no longer available... Just look around eBay, there are many OEM VW Footrests available... 

This one seems to be the same I installed, I paid about 10 USD for mine. (I have no experiences with that seller.)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Black-Dead-Pedal-Foot-Rest-OEM-VW-GTI-Rabbit-Jetta-Mk5-Golf-MK6-EOS-Tiguan-/301749043320?hash=item4641a50078

There are also ones with chrome that looks like they will fit too. 

Please consider that they don't fit exactly in place, but I find it acceptable and that it serves its purpose. 

I bought it for SEAT Altea last year, Part No. is 1K1 864 777 B 82V for LHD models, and cost about 10 EUR in offical importer store.

But I'm not sure is it tight enough if you mount it without screw.

I considered mounting it with a screw... but I'll requiere a bit of work... you'll need to remove that panel and the boot opener handle and find some place to screw it to.

• 2 months later...

I know, i did like that on Altea. 30 min. iz enough for that.

I ordered this footrest...

a659d843e81f15e752d2bbed58609677.jpg

...because I have pedals like that.

I also ordered that one, but I could not get it to fit.

Did you succeed?

Hi

I got original rubber mats when I bought my Fabia but they did not cover the footrest and not the area below the gaspedal and you will always get a lot of dirt on the carpets there. The surface of the carpets in every car is so that it is nearly impossible to get them completly clean from dirt with a vaccum cleaner. I bought cheep rubber mats and cut one of those so it covered the footrest and the area below the gaspedal and I made a few small holes in the carpet fixed the rubber mat  with a few stripes and that worked.