Skip to content

cj4691

Finding my way
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by cj4691

  1. Hi, Can anyone please shed any light on the following problem! 2008 Octavia Vrs petrol. Parked up on my driveway last night, the car had been there for hours(cold) I heard what I thought was a car engine running, so went out to have a look. The noise was my car with both cooling fans running at full! Alarm was not going off. Found a thread on here, but now unable to find it again. Here it mentioned fuse box/relay problem with moisture getting in. I removed fuse (no 38) to prevent it running all night and flattening the battery. Before doing this I did take car for short run, which stopped cooling fan running. Then it started up again after approx 15 mins. The car has now been parked up for approx 12 hours, so went out and popped fuse back in. The fans started running again, so have removed fuse again. Spoke to dealer earlier, who said he had not heard of this problem, and I could book it in for them to look at. If it was a simple fix I would rather not go to dealer, as it's 74 miles away, and about 1.5 hours each way. Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated thanks.

Important Information

Welcome to BRISKODA. Please note the following important links Terms of Use. We have a comprehensive Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.