Everything posted by martinpix
-
After swiping my 2018 TSI 230 VRS for diesel vrs similar age and spec
Hi I have a 2018 TSI VRS it is challenge spec ie 19" alloys and Alacantra heated seats sat nav manual milage is 43k full service history all dealer upto 38k and one oil filter change from justaudivw were I purchased the car from at 40k . I hardly use the car because I also have a tai vrs which is my wife's , I prefer the TDI as most of our journeys are 40+miles ive had the car just over a year and only done just over 3k in the car, photos were taken 3 months ago but car is in same condition only done 150 miles since they were taken. it is HPI clear and I have 3 keys and book pack etc, I am the 2nd owner , first being a veteran the car was purchased in the UK and exported to Germany in first year then imported back to the UK , some of the service history is in German but all genuine Skoda I have every recipt. it has next base dash cam fitted and professionally wired in again box and recipt with it , it also has wind deflectors fitted and boot liner and genuine Skoda mats and bumper protector . very genuine car , due MOT in march but happy to have it MOT'd for buyer . next service due is a full one and is due at 50k. good tyres all round no scratches or rust anywhere alloys are near mint swap for TDI similar spec happy with hatchback or estate must be HPI clear with full service history no more than 60k miles unless you want to give me some cash as well .
-
TowBar fitting problem mk3 estate
I have correct TowBar I’ve checked and double checked , problem is we’re it bolts or is supposed to bolt on the the rear frame at the sides there are no holes pre drilled on my car , it’s a 14 plate VRS estate . The TowBar is a westfalia removable swan neck , it is listed as to fit my car and I’ve checked with manufacture and it should fit. Anyone else had a similar problem , am I stuck with a car I can never have a TowBar fitted to ? It is really important as I need a cycle carrier TowBar carrier as roof to high for the wife , and I’m not having anything hanging of my rear door thank you . Below is photo of we’re it should bolt to and the arm of TowBar . When it is in place it is a couple of inches short of reaching the first hole .
-
Having problems fitting vrs mk3 estate tow bar
Hi im having problems getting a tower fitted to my 2014 vrs octavia estate . I have a wWesfalia tow bar part no 317312 which is the correct one for my year car. I have checked and triple checked. my mechanic removed bumper and put tow bar inlace but I don't have the pre drilled holes to screw through to the tow bar . is my mechanic doing something wrong , he was looking to screw strait through from the side into the tow bar . but as I am looking at the tow bar im I right in thinking the screws would come through from the other side ? any help guides or photos would be much appreciated . doesn't have to be from a vrs just from a mk3 octavia. here is a photo of were it should attach
-
Swap octavia VRS tsi 230 2018 in black 41k miles for diesel
No the miles I do in mine are minimal but any trip is 20 + miles in a go the petrol at best returns 38-40 mpg regardless of what the trip computer says I get 2x the distance out of our diesel which is fast enough for me. I never want a petrol car again or electric for that matter the diesel vw engine are fantastic and problem free if regularly serviced. anyway going to put mine on auto trader for £15700 which given condition I should get as also has spare 19" extreme alloy and tyre and properly wired in next base dash cam , new matts / boot liner / wipers / rear bumper protector and wind deflectors , half sued half leather heated seats. new rear disks and pads just fitted and 10 months MOT FSH all dealer except last one which was Audi vw specialist and only a minor service which was at 41k miles and unmarked all original paintwork. I may go for an Audi TT tdi .
-
Swap octavia VRS tsi 230 2018 in black 41k miles for diesel
it handles great but as I already have a diesel vrs I know I prefer the running costs of the diesel for the journeys that I do the petrol costs me 25% more as I just get carried away with the power . Its to much fun to drive and I dont want a single speeding offence on my license . it picks up speed without me realising and so I want another diesel . Until then ill drive around spending more time looking at my speedo than the rd . I'm not into modded cars I like things legal and factory standard
-
Swap octavia VRS tsi 230 2018 in black 41k miles for diesel
As above I have a 5dr 2018 plate octavia in metallic black 41300 miles full service history all main dealer every receipt to show , had minor service at 40300 miles has genuine Skoda boot protect and has the 19 in extreme alloys in grey and also has Alacantra heated seats sat nav etc have book pack 3 x keys sat nav sd card and box , car is very near mint only a couple of stone chips to note these are very minor . it is far better condition than any other I've seen for a while without buying new , it is ceramic coated all original paintwork HPI clear. It is faster that the diesel version but I want another diesel if someone has a similar car and want to exchange , must be a mk3 facelift version like mine mine is manual 6 speed but happy to exchange for Auto DSG . I may add a little money if yours has a lot less miles , but I only want one with the same Alacantra seats the standard seats are awful quality hence why I bought this instead happy to have 18 inch alloys I also have a spare extreme alloy with tyre in mint condition. I would also consider an estate but prefer a hatch Green / Grey / Red / Black only. there photos on request photo is of car to exchange and taken this week
-
Brake size on facelift VRS 230 and 245
Do the 272 mm rear brakes use pads that require the internal built in brake sensor on the 230 TSI VRS ? mk3 2018 facelift any help appreciated just ordering some disks and pads but 2 different types of pads , are the Bosch coated disks any good not bought that make before
-
Wind Deflectors don't fit
Thanks yes made perfect sense and worked thanks again
-
Wind Deflectors don't fit
I just got some of these fitted the fronts and both look ok but neither window will shut it goes so high and bounces back open , I cant for the life of me see were they are catching they look ok , had to remove as was getting cold and tab on one of them snapped of very brittle , may work without it, but will be a miracle if the ever allow my windows to function , mine is a vrs 2018 mk3 face lift , shame they look really nice on a black vrs , I may have to go buy original Skoda ones
-
Head unit upgrade
I have the standard none sat nav stereo with single sd and cd in glove box on my vrs estate , would screen 5E0919605N. just plug and play without any coding or security codes etc ( I know the app button won't work )