Hi Everybody
I own a 2002 1.4l petrol Fabia.
For the last year or so the fuel gauge has not been working properly; it initially gives 'a' reading, but then after 30 seconds or so just drops to zero . Generally this initial reading is accurate, but i suspect once you get to a half empty tank it then gives completely wrong readings ( I once had a 'reading' of approx half full, but the tank was in fact empty, as I found out to my cost...). I also have an issue with the LED displays not working properly and some warning lights intermitently lighting up very dimly
The car had been with Skoda on a seperate matter; paying for a 'Diagnostic' established that, amongst other things, that the'Electrical track of the sender in tank was worn'. It was also noted that 'Instrument warning lights lit up dim with no stored faults..'
Thinking that a new sender would sort the fuel gauge problem at least, I just had this replaced; only to find that when I collected the car the same issue was present.
When I explained this to the mechanic there, he was not interested and just said 'we did also indicate a problem with the Instrument panel...'
Any ideas of the fuel gauge issue, and what is your view of what has happened at Skoda..
Thank you for your time