Skip to content

mikey362

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by mikey362

  1. @toot It’s just under 52k miles at the minute. And the Haldex has been serviced I can’t remember at what point without looking but it was something I checked before purchase.
  2. It’s up to date, it was serviced before purchase (sub 2000 miles ago). it pulls fine at certain points in the rev range in certain gears it’s hesitant to go and when I say runs out puff I should really say it hits a flat spot. I’m hoping the remap will have the same affect on mine. I really do love the car so it’s not going anywhere .
  3. Thanks @toot for confirming the platform for me. It’s is going for a remap either March or April and I’m hoping to get around180-190 out of it. Which is hopefully enough. No track usage, I like this car too much to bin it haha. And yeah it’s a manual, I haven’t queried what the gearbox or clutch is capable of yet simply because I’m not at the point of seriously committing to such an increase of power where it will mean messing with a solid car if that makes sense. Especially if like you said the remap does do enough. @Schtum thanks for the input! Darkside are definitely the first name that comes to mind for this, they aren’t all that far from me. I’ll get the remap done as planned and see how it goes. I really like the car just feels like it runs out of puff at the the wrong time.
  4. Hi all, long time since I’ve been active on the forum. In my absence I’ve moved on from a MK1 Fabia to a face lift yeti 4x4 2.0tdi 150. I think the Yeti is built on the MQB platform? If so does anyone know if an s3 intercooler would fit? Also would the turbos from an Octavia be interchangeable (engine code depending)? looking to achieve about 240-250bhp if it’s possible without going down the route of injectors and fuel pumps etc. only asking on here as I’m struggling to find anything online other than BoxFoxs engine swap. Thanks Mike
  5. Thanks @Wino can always count on you lol
  6. Hi guys, had a search and can’t find a diagram as to which wire is which. I do have the wiring diagrams on my pc but as my graphics card has but the dust I can’t really use it. can anyone tell me the colours of the Live and Earth on the reverse light at the cluster? Need them to activate the reverse camera I’m installing. thanks mike
  7. It’s not an expensive mistake. I like the wheels and with okay tyres they only cost me £100 on eBay and one has a slight scuff the other 3 are perfect. They will need new tyres soon anyway and it’s only around thy e same amount I’d have spent on 4 tyres for my steelies. I’ve raised the suspension on the front by 4 threads and so far their is no rubbing. But even with the wheel off there are no scuff marks and there’s no marking on the tyres so I’m at a complete loss for where exactly they were catching but got a feeling it’s where the inner arch starts to come in. You know as if it’s high enough it doesn’t catch lol. Decided I’m having the wheels powder coated black so will be getting new tyres when that’s done. thanks for your thoughts guys 👍🏻
  8. Thanks for the input. I’m not gonna lie I’m not gonna swap the wheels to something simply because I like them and tbh I’m saving for an old Porsche the suspension was a treat because I just can’t stand riding round in a monster truck for my daily driver lol. The ride isn’t actually bad at all in fact it’s just as comfortable as our MK2 Monte. I’ll raise the coilovers a few threads to hopefully get the clearance back then revisit once I’ve got some 205’s on. thanks guys
  9. Awesome I was hoping someone would have the exact answer, going to lift up a little to get rid of the rubbing for now. I will be getting fresh front tyres before the winter really sets in so was looking at 195 do you think these will be too much of a stretch? 10mm less on either side of the tyre.
  10. Hi guys, I know this subject has been done to death but I just need some thoughts. So the car is on a set of A1 alloys 16” 7j ET34 wrapped in 215/45 R16 tyres. These fit perfectly in the arches and are nice and flush. when the car was on standard suspension no problems. I have now lowered the car on Coilovers. Nothing fancy as it is more for looks as it’s only a 1.2. mits bot slammed and I can still get 2 fingers plus space in between the wheel and arch but I seem to be getting some rubbing when on full lock. The question I have is should I just raise the suspension a bit at a time until it stops or should I look at some slightly thinner tyres like 195/45 instead? any thoughts or anyone had the same issue?
  11. Thought I’d start a project which is less a project and more a this went wrong so I fixed it thread lol. That said I do have some small plans for it bar sorting out what is wrong now. So here is the car now. So as you can see “rogelio” named after the character from Jane the Virgin obviously not my pick haha. Is a 1.2 6v Fabia. He has been used for nursery and gym runs mainly and we’ve had him for 5 years. Never really paid much attention to him but a couple of things have happened and it’s about time he got treated right. Things done so far - both front springs and top mounts - new droplinks - new discs and pads - new fuel, air and cabin filters - All new coil packs - new map sensor To Do - Wishbones, ball joints and console rubbers (get rid of annoying squeak) - brake servo pipe - figure out dodgy idle - fix scratches, clean and polish - fix center vents (if possible) Future Plans - oem mudflaps all round and colour coded - Heko wind deflectors all round - Service and paint callipers and drums - A1 16” rotor alloys - lowering springs (depending on how the car sits) Maybe - rear window tint for the kids - new stereo So that’s where we stand now.

Important Information

Welcome to BRISKODA. Please note the following important links Terms of Use. We have a comprehensive Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.