Skip to content

rick1836

Finding my way
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by rick1836

  1. I have got it back and its still not right. Its taking 4-5 or more turns (long crank) before it starts. When it starts it seems to run ok when on the move but when it idles there is a loud hum (sounds like a fuel pump) and its definitely coming from the front (engine bay, not the in-tank pump under the seat)? Battery is fully charged and showing almost 13 volts when switched off.
  2. Thanks all, The EGR was cleaned at the same time as the injectors going back in and the glow plugs were changed about 5000 miles before the HPFP failure (so i'd be surprised if it's one of those). I think the only forward is getting the codes read. Does anyone know of someone that could do this in the Swindon area? I can obviously recompense with beer tokens etc?
  3. Hi All, Unfortunately, our VRS suffered a failed HPFP last year. The HPFP was changed for a new one (along with a cambelt/water pump) and a new in tank pump plus a complete drain and clean to get rid of the swarf. The injectors were rebuilt and refitted. What we are now experiencing is an intermittent fault with the coil light flashing. Also, when this occurs the car goes into a reduced power (limp) mode. However, if you turn it off and leave for 5-10 mins it normally clears itself? I have looked at the forum for similar issues experienced by other members but most of the threads that I have seen point towards possible DPF issues. I am not getting the DPF light illuminated, just the coil light so I don't think its DPF related? Anyone with any experience of this that is able to share their knowledge would be greatly received.

Important Information

Welcome to BRISKODA. Please note the following important links Terms of Use. We have a comprehensive Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.