Skip to content

OctaviaMK4

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by OctaviaMK4

  1. Hey folks Couple of days ago I read that the timing belt on the 1.5 TSI shouldn't be changed. As I read, VW worked with Continental? and they have introduced a timing belt that never needs changing. How comfortable are you guys with this? I am definitely not.
  2. Hey everyone! I am staring a thread here, to list annoying things about the mk4. So hopefully this thread will be helpfull to someone 1) No physical buttons for the HVAC - I hate this. I live in a hot climate, and everytime I start the car I have to pre-set the air flow speed to my liking. Sure there are automatic options, but I like to set it manually. - I hate the new turn-on/turn-off the vent thing. Turn it to the right to shut it off, ...so un-intuitive. A slider in the middle or to the side would be wonderful. 2) First edition gremlins. Yeah, I was ready for this before I even got the car. I know that you should never buy a new model, and wait for the facelift, but I really like this car and design. - Start/Stop failed in the first couple of hundred kilometres. Well, not failed, but it needed reprogramming by the dealer. It works fine now. Knock on wood. I think they have reported this to Skoda. - DRL lights showed up an error. It turns out they lost a connection for a split of a second. They are fine. The issue was reported to Skoda. 3) The rear-view mirror is bloody small. 4) Often you hit your knee in the vent. But I reckon you guys (RHD) will not have this problem 5) So many shiny bits of plastic in the interior, sometimes a wild glare will popup, but nothing worrying. Luckily I have my door trims in black (and in my view look way cooler than chrome). 6) Even though the Bolero looks better and has a lot more options, I believe the 8,5' screen gives you all you need. And I hate that stupid slider for a volume control - you have the physical knobs on the 8.5' 7) I HATE that tablet holder for the kids in the back. When I am putting my kid in the back, and try to lock him, I always hit my head in that plastic thing. I have to take it out. Sure it is maybe practical but...I hate it. 8 ) I really miss the Passat's straps for organizing my boot space, and stopping things rolling around. I have those plastic pieces that you put in on the carpet, but I have mine on the rubber side, to protect the boot from any dirty bicycle tyres and now I am left with no alternative. I hate nets. I miss the straps. Yeah I have the hooks but you can put two/three things on them. 9) No cig-ligther in the front. I want to charge things up using an old fashion cigarette lighter pod. Just two USB-C in the front, and nothing in the back seats. I know that comes an optional extra, but come on Skoda. Be simply clever 10) The Cruise control activation - I HATE IT. You have a small piece of plastic on top of your indicators. If you click on it you might turn on the turn signals. Well maybe this is a VAG thing, but ...come one.
  3. Hi Folks! First thread here. A week ago I bought the new Skoda Octavia mk4. Lava blue, 1.5 TSI and 6 speed manual. So far so good. The ride quality is excellent. A HUGE difference, compared to the previous model. The materials, sound insulation, everything is top notch. So...220 miles (100 highway :D) and I have two complaints: - The Start/Stop system stopped working yesterday evening. - That stupid Skoda Connect thing, I cannot figure it out and I have an advanced degree in IT. So clearly they are doing something wrong. So this Start/Stop system - the system displays that there is an error. It was working fine till yesterday. I start the car, nothing. No warnings nothing. I get driving, and after it warms up, and I get to a traffic light instead of turning the car off - it says "Error Start/Stop system" and on the infotainment - Sorry, this feature is currently unavailble. So, planning to reach my dealer tomorrow. I have had this car for a week, and I have to call the dealer? That is a shaky start. Thank god I bought the extended 5 years warranty I have read the forum topics here. I went for a long drive, but nothing. It didn't fix it. The fuel consumption is excellent though. 43MPG city driving with the A/C on and without the S/S system though not so heavy traffic. With heavy traffic I managed 38MPG (35*C, A/C on, bumper to bumper and Start/Stop ...working )

Important Information

Welcome to BRISKODA. Please note the following important links Terms of Use. We have a comprehensive Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.