Skip to content

Orangefabia

New here
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Orangefabia

  1. OK, just an update. The passenger rear door dead locked itself a couple of weeks ago. Seemed like there was no power to the lock. I tried the usual banging around the lock whilst pushing the lock/unlock buttons on remote and door switch. No joy. Door was stuck shut. Phoned a couple of locksmiths and they didn't want to to know. So I thought I'd sort it myself. Easy fix as long as you have a new lock assembly (15 quid on ebay). I've read some posts about using a dremmel to cut away part of the lock casing to wind back the gear cogs. Far quicker and easier to chisel off the plastic part of the lock. Once the motor assembly is out, the mechanical side of the lock springs down and unlocks the door or you can get a screwdriver in to unlock it manually. Took about an hour to sort. New lock in and working fineπŸ‘
  2. Hi all. New to this forum having just bought the car. The problem I have is random locking problems. Sometimes all doors lock/unlock. Then just drivers side or all except passenger rear door. I've replaced the microswitch on the drivers door which has cured the sidelight warning buzzer not working. The interior light works as do the puddle lights. The boot switch doesn't work either, but it will open on the remote or the interior pull. I've bought 4 new door catches but I'm thinking the problem may lay somewhere else. If the passenger door is opened and closed, that sometimes makes that side of the car locks work, but not all the time. Do the rear locks work as a slave from the drivers side front/passenger side front or are they independent. Any advice appreciated. Thanks Si

Important Information

Welcome to BRISKODA. Please note the following important links Terms of Use. We have a comprehensive Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions β†’ Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.