Transfer-gearbox casing joint oil leak. Discovered leak with 1year of manufacture warranty to run
took to main dealer where I bought yeti .
result — it’s not oil it’s preservative “they spray it every where. it runs down when hot We’ve cleaned it all off “
checked again 6 months later Still oil around casing joint took back to same main dealer .
result— mechanic Showed me oil he had drained from oil level plug hole. gear box had been over filled from new . They informed me due to over filling it had been over pressurised as it runs Warm and was blowing oil from breather at the top of box.
To my surprise 6 months later now out of warranty the leak was still there I took back to dealer
result ——there’s no Oil breather at the top of transfer box The casing joint Has blown due to the high pressure created due to the overfill . Application to Skoda factory succeeded in them giving 100%parts 20% labour the rest of the labour being between skoda uk furrows of Oswestry and me which I agreed to .
Then 5weeks before lock down the garage claimed they had to apply for major unit authorisation. And that’s we’re it all came to an end.
Skoda customer services Are polite and respectful but are limited in there ability to help.
Out of lock down back to garage for more pics and yet another diagnostic told I would hear in 2 weeks about MUA
it’s now been 8 weeks now told they have trouble with computers and are trying to ask for goodwill from Skoda factory again as it’s run out !! as the cars getting older ,They need to reapply !!!!
Then I imagine when and if they actually achieve this they will have to apply for a MAJOR UNIT AUTHORISATION
I am not someone who complains at the drop of a hat but this is getting ridiculous
not forgetting a transfer box with leak which I was told holds only a small amount of oil . I await your comments.