Skip to content

Nahum

New here
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  1. Thank you for the help. So, just to be clear, if I last had my cambelt changed at 46,000 miles in 2021, the next change would be due at 146,000 miles, with no time limit?
  2. Hi, I recently had a service on my 2016 Skoda Rapid 1.4 TDI, where the mechanic recommended changing the cambelt as it has been 5 years since the last change. The last cambelt change was in 2021 at 46,000 miles, and the car is now at 102,000 miles. I contacted a Skoda dealership for a quote and was told that the guidance has changed to changing the cambelt every 100,000 miles, with no time limit. However, looking online, I seem to be finding conflicting information about the recommended interval, which is confusing me. I'm leaning towards getting it changed just to be safe, but it's quite a lot of money, so I wondered if anyone here has any advice or knows what the current recommendation is for this engine? Many thanks, Nahum
  3. Nahum posted a topic in Hellos and Goodbyes
    Hi. I'm not the most car-savy person in the world, but I do enjoy my Skoda Rapid and aim to take good care of it. Nahum
  4. Hi all, I have a Skoda Rapid 1.4 diesel, manual. I just experienced my car getting stuck in reverse gear - after I had finished parking and before I turned the engine off I tried to put my car into neutral from reverse gear. As I did this there was quite a bit of resistance as the stick would move around the reverse position but not settle back into the neutral position. It also felt the same when I tried after turning the engine off. Eventually I managed to get it into neutral by pushing down on top of the gear stick and pulling a bit harder than I would usually have to. (I can normally put it into neutral without having to push down on the gearstick). Any help with this would be much appreciated. I haven’t had the car too long (around a month) but this is my first time encountering the issue so I don’t believe this is a recurring issue in the past. Many thanks, Nahum

Important Information

Welcome to BRISKODA. Please note the following important links Terms of Use. We have a comprehensive Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.