-
Error: selector lever...
My car now booked to Caffyns in Tunbridge Wells on 29th October, for diagnosis. It is under warranty, so why not?
-
Error: selector lever...
That is 58.22 mpg. I managed slightly better than 59mpg, full to full over 2,325 miles, including autoroutes at 110 and 130 kph and a lot of ordinary (and hilly) roads in a tour via Eurotunnel to the Department of Aude and back. One of my previous cars was a Seat Leon with the 170bhp VW group diesel and 6 speed DSG. This 2024 Octavia Vrs with 200bhp and a 7 speed DSG beats it hands down for economy, as the LEON used to average about 48 to 50mpg on similar trips.
-
Error: selector lever...
Clearly an old issue. I had the "error selector lever" message twice whilst in France about 10 days ago. It has not re-appeared in about 1200 miles driving since. I will call the dealer on Monday. As an aside, with diesel now costing the equivalent of more tha £2 per litre in France, its a good thing that the VRS diesel averaged over 59mpg for the trip!
-
-
OBD11 Coding list for Octavia MK4 / IV
Thank you all. I had been looking at the wrong screen and forgetting the steering wheel buttons. All is now good.
-
OBD11 Coding list for Octavia MK4 / IV
Road test. Lane assist off Good! Daytime running lights on. (Skandinavian, with rear lights on) Cruise control still adaptive, with no visible means of switching it to work as a plain cruise control. On the screen, in Assist Systems it only shows up as ACC.
-
OBD11 Coding list for Octavia MK4 / IV
Device came today. After a lot of fiddling to get my credit and subscription to load, I have coded the Lane Assist, Cruise Control and Daytime Running Lights as shown above. Thank you W.....10
-
OBD11 Coding list for Octavia MK4 / IV
I have now found it. It is easy if you can get on your back with your head in the driver's foot well, not so easy if you are 80 and not as flexible as you used to be. Mine has no cover and is coloured mauve. I had been expecting to find a pull off cover, probably black.
-
OBD11 Coding list for Octavia MK4 / IV
Now I really need help. I have ordered the OBD11 device, and went to the car to locate the OBD2 port. I cannot find it. I was told it is in the drivers foot well, above the foot rest. It is not, nor can I find one anywhere else. Can anyone point me to the correct place. Is it behind the dropdown cubbyhole? I have tried and failed to look behind it. Every other car with OBD that I have owned (Saab, Jaguar and Seat) has had the OBD2 port clearly visible and accessible, but not this Skoda, which is a 2024 Octavia Vrs diesel.
-
OBD11 Coding list for Octavia MK4 / IV
Thank you. I have a CTEK MXS 5.0. When I had my Jaguar XK it had to be connected 24/7. When not in use they are notorious for discharging their batteries due to all the electronics that never switch off.
-
OBD11 Coding list for Octavia MK4 / IV
To my surprise, having steeled myself to pay £119 for the device with a year's subscription, there was a code to get 30% off. I tried to order from the website and pay by card, at £90 and some pence including postage, but their website would not accept my full address, so I changed to PayPal, and paid £88.22 because postage was less that way!
-
OBD11 Coding list for Octavia MK4 / IV
Thank you for that. I am going to order the device with the Pro Pack.
-
OBD11 Coding list for Octavia MK4 / IV
Where do you find the security code?
-
Will OBDII work with my car? SFD2?
I have recently contacted Kieran Walkington at East Yorkshire Retrofit Solutions, and he told me that my car does not have SFD2. Hooray for that. I was going to buy an OBDeleven device and use the one click app to sort out Lane Assist, but the on line reviews of OBDeleven are horrific both about things failing to work and the company's mercenary business model. It also appears safer to code the changes I want. I would take the car to Kieran, but that is a 500 mile round trip. Is there any company near to me (on the Kent-Sussex border) that can code the Lane Assist function to be off or on at startup, according to its last state? The alternative is, what do I need to code it myself? A bit of a last resort.
-
Dashcam fitting
Nduja's problem was down to the fact that USB-C is not just a single standard as far as cables are concerned. You just have to find a cable that works. My final thoughts on the Viofo dashcam are that it is a very good one, and that Viofo were responsive and helpful when I had a problem.
-
Reversing camera display change after update.
My mistake and big typo. The car was first registered in March 2024 and apparently used by Skoda to train technicians to work on the electronics, and it had only 25 miles on it when I bought the car in September 2024. The fact that the electronics had been worked on was revealed when East Yorkshire Retrofit Solutions installed my reversing camera and found that access screws under the dashboard had been removed and replaced. Everything I want now seems to be working, so I am inclined to leave it alone. P.S. A big recommendation for East Yorkshire Retrofit Solutions, who did a great job in installing and setting up the reversing camera.
NormanE
Members
-
Joined
-
Last visited