Skip to content

Cqrmine

Finding my way
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  1. Engine 1.5 Model is SE L TSI PS DSG
  2. I have noticed sometimes when I press the throttle I get a pause then a jerk which made me wonder if the box is OK. Car only covered 11000 miles now. I have not seen D7 in the display; D6 at most yet the spec says the car has 7 speed box. Is that because we haven't driven it fast enough yet? :-)
  3. Thanks to all for helpful replies. Much appreciated. I trust we are doing no harm driving around an empty carpark letting my wife practice the creep behaviour. Sometimes the creep is a little too fast. Still learning; only had the car a few days.
  4. The car is a 2023 Karoq with the 1.5 engine so I assume the gearbox is the DQ200 dry clutch. I am a DSG newby so don't know any more tech details. Mileage is 11000.
  5. Oh dear, does that cause damage or is it engineered to withstand it?
  6. Can you say if the car is slipping clutches while creeping or is there an ultra low gear in operation as I seem to recall reading of? Going back to the dealer Monday for a further run through of the settings. When I asked about some settings last week he would say: " Oh don't bother about that, I never use it" or "that will come up automatically" (it didn't, it has to be set with a tick.) I need to know if features such as emergency braking are turned on. I don't want to find out the hard way. I suspect he didn't know the answers. Thanks again.
  7. Again, thanks for taking the trouble to help. Much appreciated..
  8. I tried the above advice yesterday and of course it was spot on. Turned off auto hold, there was a slight delay then the car crept forward. Previously I had reversed out of my drive rather too suddenly with the auto hold on; I presume I will need to leave autohold off until l am in the road. Thanks again to all for the valuable advice.
  9. Many thanks for taking the trouble to respond, folks. Very much appreciated. I now realise what seems to be happening as I did have the autohold activated. Best wishes
  10. Hi, I have just bought a 2023 Karoq auto but am disappointed to find the car does not creep to allow for slow movement parking.Yes I know, I should have checked during the test drive. Is there a setting I have missed? I have read we can cause damage to the clutches if we use the brake to "creep". Is that correct? Also, my 12 year old Mercedes auto will hold the car on a hill, perhaps on a queue of traffic, by pressing the HOLD feature but the Karoq will need the Auto stop feature turned on. Is that feature reliable? Seems twin clutch auto boxes need different treatment from simpler torque converter boxes. Still learning. Thanks in advance
  11. I am looking to buy my first Karoq but need to be sure it is not a hybrid. I saw a 2023 Karoq which looked of interest but the specification said it had "regeneration facility". I thought that was only done on mild hybrids which I don''t want.. Can someone tell me if any Karoqs are mild hybrids? What Car mag says Skodas don't make hybrids
  12. Many thanks to all for your replies.
  13. Thanks for the info. From the timing belt link you sent, it's confusing when the contributors quote model years. Are they going by when the car was registered or is there a clue provided by looking at the engine numbers as to when they were built.
  14. Still pondering on which car to swap our trusty Toyota for. Can someone tell me; does the Skoda Karoq 1.5 SEL have a cam belt ( wet or dry) or a chain. Any problems with either type? Thanks

Important Information

Welcome to BRISKODA. Please note the following important links Terms of Use. We have a comprehensive Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.